Post Your Favorite Piece of Choreography

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Probably the first musical I ever liked -

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    3 of the greats

The Four Tops

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    you beat me to The Temptations!

Is this version anywhere on vinyl? Like it much more than the the epic album version. More bigband, less Whitfield noodling.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

• Is this version anywhere on vinyl? Like it much more than the the epic album version. More bigband, less Whitfield noodling.

Noodling?!? Dude...

Is this version anywhere on vinyl? Like it much more than the the epic album version. More bigband, less Whitfield noodling.

Noodling?!? Dude...

Just being polemic. I like Whitfields production just like your next strutteur but sometimes his five minute buildups in 10 minute songs are a bit over the top IMO. This totally different version of PWARS I have never heard before and I was positively surprised how fresh this kind of overplayed song could sound in my ears.

Nevertheless Whitfields music can easily be overdosed. I listen to it in homeopathic quantities.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    To me it sounds like they're being backed by the 'house band' of the tv station, rather than just playing the backing track.

• Watch Sam and Dave tear it up...

• Probably the first musical I ever liked -

• Clearly I'm lurking in different water, but this is so brilliant to me. she manages to make a dance that is an exact correlate for the music. Steve Reich's Piano Phase is the music.