Similar Tracks To This (Suggestion Related)

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Any of you dudes with deep expedits know any similar tracks to this:. I'm dubbing a soundtrack onto some old cine footage and I'm looking for some late 60's / early 70's, mildly groovy, chilled out, stringsy, melodic instrumental joints to fit the vibe.So far I've found: Percy Faith - Sun KingPercy Faith - WaveHugo Montenegro - AgainJohnny Harris - Footprints On The MoonNelson Riddle - Romantic PlacesAnything similar to this would be purrrrfect.Muchlove.

Comments

• khadirkhadir 38 Posts
    Maybe some Dorothy Ashby?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Nice! Liking your thinking. I've already got Valley Of The Dolls on there as it happens.

I've also stumbled on some Roberto Delgado, which is hitting the spot too.

Any more suggestions dudes ?

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    I think of Michel Legrand orchestrations. Try "The Happy Ending OST". Generally mid and late 60s Soundtracks should hold a lot of stuff in this style.
    Henry Mancini "Pink Panther" has at least one of these "lush strings" songs. Generally Mancini can provide you some of ths sounds you need.
    "Romantic Mood" album by the Orchestra Frank Pleyer has a few matching things.
    I remember one on the "The Spy Who Loved Me" OST by Marvin Hamlisch too.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Several million easy listening lps?? Also a large chunk of British library music.