PICTURES INSIDE RECORDSTORES!!!

fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
PLEASE post pictures inside recordstores!Im sure Im not the only guy who wants to see this.And I know theres a lot of recordstore owners/workers on the strut aswell!Peace,F.

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Some shots i took for Amsterdams finest record store

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

Wish we could see more of those....

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

Winter wool cap and summer T- Shirt ? what season it was ?

• Some shots i took for Amsterdams finest record store

Winter wool cap and summer T- Shirt ? what season it was ?

Where do you live? The streets of America are crawling with douchebags rocking the "my head is 150 degrees while the rest of me is room temperature" look.

• that's my dude leon from waxwell..he is crazy as a fox man. waxwell is a real nice spot and i have caught a lot of nice stuff there before. big ups to my boy taco fett (the cat with the glasses) as well. i can post some pics from stores but don't know how to..any help?

amir

• i can post some pics from stores but don't know how to..any help?
    sign up to a free account on photobucket & upload your images on there, then you have an option to embed them from there on forums such as here once they are uploaded. I for one would love to see some of the stores you've been into amir, and all the NYC stores in general.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Friends of Sound (Austin, TX):

get that money D*ve!

Mouse House (El Paso, TX)

The Whoopie Bowl (El Paso, TX)

Rockin T (El Paso, TX)

Groove Merchant (San Francisco, CA)

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Gonna keep my pics to under 50 but here's my shop (Som Records - http://somrecordsdc.com/ ) at 1PM on 7/11/09 -

Some other shops I've been to -

Jerry's in Pittsburgh -

Revolve in Sydney -

Disco 7 in Sao Paulo (see if you guess which of these two is Moogman?) -

Another shop in Sao Paulo -

Amoeba in LA (my wife had to sneak this one!) -

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

Mouse House (El Paso, TX)

The Whoopie Bowl (El Paso, TX)

Rockin T (El Paso, TX)

Wow, man. I was not knowing about El Paso!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

Wow, man. I was not knowing about El Paso!

There are no records left in El Paso. No need to stop here

I'm out here again this weekend actually. Not much time for digging though because I'm here for a baby shower my mother-in-law is hosting for us. I did hit up the thrift shop Grandfather recommended a while back off Hondo Pass and pulled a few records. Should have taken some pictures but barely even had time to dig a little.

• Disco 7 in Sao Paulo

every time i see photos of this shop i am taunted by the stuff on their walls...it's given me even more of a reason to get saving my money to get down to Brazil though!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Good Records NYC

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    good work guys. keep em' comin'

peace, stein. . .

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    Here are a few:

Not from a record store, but a record swap (if this looks interesting please see my post in the announcements section, we're doing it again soon):
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

From my recent trip to Chicago (I realize these are mostly the outsides of record stores. Inside I was, you know, looking for records):
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    I'm proud of this one. He turned and looked at exactly the right moment.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    that's my dude leon from waxwell..he is crazy as a fox man. waxwell is a real nice spot and i have caught a lot of nice stuff there before. big ups to my boy taco fett (the cat with the glasses) as well. i can post some pics from stores but don't know how to..any help?

amir

yeeeeaaa..... those dudes are the schitt, man can they drink.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    i see me in the Friends of Sounds pics......

• Wow, man. I was not knowing about El Paso!

There are no records left in El Paso. No need to stop here

I'm out here again this weekend actually. Not much time for digging though because I'm here for a baby shower my mother-in-law is hosting for us. I did hit up the thrift shop Grandfather recommended a while back off Hondo Pass and pulled a few records. Should have taken some pictures but barely even had time to dig a little.
    Great photo but alot of that is junk. No disrespect. Where is Rockin Tees now? Went to go see him but his store was gone.

• JahBooGieJahBooGie 92 Posts

on a roadtrip to L.A. with the homie Rob. record store is closed on mondays

• Disco 7 in Sao Paulo

ahhh Disco sete!! thats my spizzot in Sampa..Big up to Carlinhos and moogman..nice photo..saudades

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    Since I started the thread, I felt like I should share some pics aswell.
    Its in random order, and I cant be bothered to put them in "right" order.
    I only had pics from my Portland, Seattle & NY trips on my computer thou..
    Here we go.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Can never top Frank but here's two more I found -

DJ Pancake at Baratos da Ribeiro in Rio (a few doors down from Modern Sound ) -

A basement in Sao Paulo where Moogman, Pancake and I spent two afternoons cleaning out the 7"s (they're behind the yellow tape) -

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    the attic in pittsburgh

Did I share some of my homebrew beer with you that night? Trying to remember if we met and didn't realize it was you.

Great photo but alot of that is junk. No disrespect. Where is Rockin Tees now? Went to go see him but his store was gone.

Mouse House has been hit hard by everyone that passes through town. You can still find stuff but not like you used to. I'm not sure what the guy from Rockin' T is up to now or where he moved his shop to, if anywhere.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

Footage of some of my friends inside the store:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I8WcjDcNR0

Can't find the rest of my pics for now.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Did I share some of my homebrew beer with you that night? Trying to remember if we met and didn't realize it was you.
    I didn't drink the homebrew (I don't drink). I met so many people that weekend that it's a high possibility we met but didn't realise it?? Anyways, I'm in the middle of the party shot with the Stax T-shirt..... look familiar??

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Good Records NYC

Nice shirt.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

Fat Beats Amsterdam

Groove Merchant

Antwerp

skanky old shed here in adelaide, i didnt even realise there was a half decayed mouse under the records in the last pic, but i did find some nice euro pieces there

I never realized just how few record store photos i have collected from my travels over the years