Price check: Troyka LP on Cotillion

roistoroisto 879 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
What's the current going rate for this? Thx.

Comments

• 10-15 but sometimes i have seen it for sale for around 40-50. not sure anyone in the real world would pay that much but i guess its possible. it's one of those records that looks too good to be true and of course it is: not very good music.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    your crazy even if you are canadian
    not a 10 dollar record by a long shot (dont want to get into an argument)
    sell it for 30-35 on waxidermy and it will disapear in mere instants

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Great record too IMO, give it another listen FMF.

$40 mint

• your crazy even if you are canadian
    i didn;t know that the two were mutually exclusive--was i arguing about smoked meat with you before? have you gone to shwartz's for that t-bone steak yet?

Great record too IMO, give it another listen FMF.

$40 mint

i re-listened: yes i wrote the album off too hastily. i think it was the vocals that threw me initially, good guitar playing...one of those records i bought and just filed and never went back to. thanks.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    nah, listen again - it's crap

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Canonical will haunt your dreams, dude

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I'm all for repping your hometown groups, but if all you got is Troyka - it's time to move!

lulz

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    HARSH

• "go east young man"

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Why are you always low-balling values?

• yeah, that was a full on mistake this time. it is indeed a 40-50 record.

on the other hand, i still think i was right on the tepid canadian disco record "soul explosion"(how much did the mack get for that in the end anyway? last i saw he had it up for 20 bucks on the sale page) .

and for the the record rey, i'd rather be conservative about a price rather than overly optimistic, and perhaps that is a product of having grown up in a household where money didn;t grow on trees and the kids didn't have trust funds to indulge their every whim.

we all make mistakes, and i don;t like your nasty little insinuation one bit...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I paid $30 for a clean but not mint copy of Troyka last year. I think it's good. A bit inconstant, but quirky enough to where it's forgivable.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I traded my clean copy of Troyka at the Boston swap a couple of weeks ago, I had it marked at $30. I don't really see it as having a much higher value than that although it does occasionally hit $50 and that does not seem outlandish. It falls in the "can be had for $20-$25 with patience" category, as far as internet purchasing goes.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    yeah, cool record, don't pay more than $30 though...

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Thanks everyone! It is indeed an enjoyable record, although I left it at the store this time. Copenhagen has been nice so far, recordwise - and otherwise too.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    on the other hand, i still think i was right on the tepid canadian disco record "soul explosion"(how much did the mack get for that in the end anyway? last i saw he had it up for 20 bucks on the sale page) .

you were right. it didnt sell

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    TROYKA SHREDS

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    its a great record the opening track takes it for me
    i did not argue about smoke meat but have never had anything else there indeed
    troyka shreds

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    On ebay it is a:
    http://www.collectorsfrenzy.com/Default.aspx?ctl00%24SearchKey=Troyka&SortKey=0&x=44&y=2

But copies that didn't sell or sold for less than $25 are not listed.