Do I have a way Latte pass on Shook Ones piano?

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
I knew it would be some really crappy stupid common ass record!

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I still don't believe it's from there.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    It's on there I just listened to it.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    It's not EXACT though. It would've taken some chopping and I don't recall Havoc doing that then.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    "stealing my love from me" is the shit though. which song is supposed to have that piano?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    It's not EXACT though. It would've taken some chopping and I don't recall Havoc doing that then.
    "naw son, (crushes l under a timb, and surveys the QB skyline wistfully) i don't believe in chopping."

• yo son that shit iz doooope. yo son keep it real aight! word up homeboy.....

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Havoc spoke on it in an interview with hiphopdx:

"Do you think you would ever divulge the piano sample you used for "Shook Ones Part 2"?
    Havoc: [Laughs] I don???t know, I might, maybe, you just never know. I love that it is such a mystery. Some things are best left not known. Even when you get people who post on the websites what sample it is, they are always wrong, it just bugs me out. "

So I don't think that's it...

• LawrenceLawrence 125 Posts
    someone post a clip!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Whoever sampled Give Up The Goods for their album chopped the sample, but they had Pink Cookies to go on. I have listened to that Poitier record excited to hear the sample. I still think it's not that record. There are a lotta listings on the breaks that are just incorrect.

• It's not EXACT though. It would've taken some chopping and I don't recall Havoc doing that then.
    "naw DUN, (crushes l under a timb, and surveys the QB skyline wistfully) i don't believe in chopping."

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Whoever sampled Give Up The Goods for their album chopped the sample, but they had Pink Cookies to go on. I have listened to that Poitier record excited to hear the sample. I still think it's not that record. There are a lotta listings on the breaks that are just incorrect.

Give Up The Goods was by Q-Tip, no?