Favorite guitar solos

2»

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    any diamond fingers

• Slash - sweet child o mine

Melvin Sparks - Texas Twister

• Just a couple quick ones off the top of my head. While these might not blow your mind, i think they deserve mention:

Terry Kath's solo on 25 or 6 to 4
    The Stooges - 1969
    I might get blasted for this but the tone and sound on this solo is phenomenal:
    Nels Cline (of Wilco) - Muzzle of Bees
    And also At least that's what you said

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    Santana "Song of the Wind" off Caravanserai, his last session with the great Mike Shrieve, Greg Rollie, Neal Schon, etc..

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

Eddie Van Halen on "Beat it"

Melvin Sparks - whoop whoop

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    J Mascis - all

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    tom morello - rage against the machine's evil empire album...actualy most of his work with rage...good to see his music mentioned earlier.

i dont think this guy will ever get his true props. doesnt fall under classical guitarist so wont get his due with rock critics. but his approach to the guitar has been so unique. also he falls under one of the shittiest genres known to man, rap/rock. i dont think i've ever loved a musician in a genre i generally despise.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Nels Cline (of Wilco) - Muzzle of Bees

Nels is great I also like his solo on "Either way"

Couple of my all time favorites:
    Michael Karoli - Can's Mother Sky

Howard Roberts - Electric prunes Holy are you

- spidey

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Santana "Song of the Wind" off Caravanserai, his last session with the great Mike Shrieve, Greg Rollie, Neal Schon, etc..

My dad played this album to death when I was growing up. Brings back intense nostalgia for macrame plant holders and nag champa.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Steve Howe - Yours is no Disgrace

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

• markus71markus71 937 Posts