people who fly Southwest

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.southwest.com/landing/wow_090707.html?id=16706192&int=HOMEHERO01WOWSLE0907073 of us, LA to the Bay and back: $243. Sale's over tomorrow so

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Four hours left - get at it!

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    The fares they are flaunting are non existent???

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I think it's probably because they're selling out quickly. Lots of traffic over there.

I bought round-trip tickets to Orlando in October for $220 total*. Free timeshare (using my Dad's) and free entry to Disneyworld the whole time I'm there (ex-girl-turned-BFF-turned-Disney-restaurant-manager-related). Can't beat that!

*I've flown to Orlando 3-4 times before and each time it cost about the same as this. So it's not like it's the greatest deal ever.

Yo - I tried to tell people yesterday and I've had friends buy stuff in the last two hours. Lots of seats were still avail from what I saw.

I think it's probably because they're selling out quickly. Lots of traffic over there.

I bought round-trip tickets to Orlando in October for $220 total*. Free timeshare (using my Dad's) and free entry to Disneyworld the whole time I'm there (ex-girl-turned-BFF-turned-Disney-restaurant-manager-related). Can't beat that!

*I've flown to Orlando 3-4 times before and each time it cost about the same as this. So it's not like it's the greatest deal ever.

Yeah - it's all relative. Once you hit the upper tier (90 bucks, each way), the savings become less impressive but $30 each for the Bay Area and LA? F*ck YEAH.

$30 each for the Bay Area and LA? F*ck YEAH.

Yup yup!

I was planning on joining my friend on a little weekend trip to the Yay'rea ($164 total) but they're sold out.

I should add - the offer is NOT good on Fridays and Sundays which might be why some of the fares folks are looking for don't exist.

Are you sure about that, O? I'm pretty sure my friend is flying from Friday to Monday for $60 each way.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Nah, it's true. I was all set to buy a round trip first weekend of August from NOLA to NYC, leave Thursday late afternoon, come back Sunday night, but Sunday flight the only option was about $220. Scrolled down to the fine print to see what was up & sure enough, Fri & Sun not part of the deal. Now I can't go-would be missing too much work if I took off Monday too, and it's too expensive coming back Sunday.

I'm sad.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Lots of airlines giving great fares these days. Motherfuckers are just hemorrhaging for money though and they're trying to drum up business as best as they can.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Thanks for the info... just booked a flight to see one of my good friends in Louisville.