SS parents......MJ

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
so as parents do you still acknowlegde him or you impartial because of the allegations? rip mj

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Couldnt this be in the "Is is too early? Thraed"?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    IM SO SICK AND f*cking TIRED OF THIS SHIT. WE HAVE A CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM. HE WENT THROUGH IT. HE WAS ACQUITTED. ACQUITTED. ACQUITTED!

IF YOU[/b] HAVE EVIDENCE THAT SUGGESTS OTHERWISE, WHERE THE FUKKING GODAMN BITCH F*ck WAS YOU AT WHEN HE WAS 'GETTING OFF'? YOU! YEAH, YOU LET A RAGING CHILD MOLESTER RUN FREE? WHAT'S WRONG WIT YOU[/b]? YOU LIKE THAT SHIT? COME HERE. NEVERMIND. BITCH.

I HOPE YOU GET DRAGGGED INTO COURT OFF SOME FUKKED UP SHIT AND THEN ACQUITTED BUT MADE GUILTY BY A DUMBFUK LYNCHMOB.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I'm still looking for a 100% morally pure artist to expose my children to. I need to be really really sure tho. Until then, no art for them at all, I just can't risk it. Let me know if you guys have any ideas..

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    ps--that's not directed at anyone in particullar. just need to say it.

pss--I'll be down at the Padded Room first Thursdays through September. No cover.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm still looking for a 100% morally pure artist to expose my children to. I need to be really really sure tho. Until then, no art for them at all, I just can't risk it. Let me know if you guys have any ideas..

Curious George, son! Watch out for the man in the yellow hat, though. He's a pimp on the side.

• i'm not a parent so i cant offer that perspective, but i'd like to think that if i have kids they can enjoy Michael's music as i have done and will continue to do. By the time i do have kids these allegations would have been forgotten and all that will be remembered is the beauty of his music. Even now a 7 year old isn't going to understand what those allegations were for.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Do u let your children listen to Marv Albert?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Before the allegations started MJ regularly had children over to Neverland. Often for sleepovers.

Those children are now adults.

I have yet to see any of these adults step forward and say ya or nay.

I just want to thank all those adult children for respecting his privacy.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    look how fucked up Macauley Culkin is....

oh and in the one case, michael wasnt aquitted, he paid an estimated sum of $20 million to the family

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Before the allegations started MJ regularly had children over to Neverland. Often for sleepovers.

Those children are now adults.

I have yet to see any of these adults step forward and say ya or nay.

I just want to thank all those adult children for respecting his privacy.

Strut favourite Mark Ronson was one of those children, and has spoken about it in interviews.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    what's he say?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I honestly believe that, no matter how freaky his relationship with kids was, he didn't molest them.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    what's he say?

Not much, if I recall correctly the most salacious thing was him and Julian Lennon wanted to watch some 'adult' things on the tv, and Michael was like, "Ooow it's nasty. Turn it off"

And of coarse he stated no abuse happened.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

oh and in the one case, michael wasnt aquitted, he paid an estimated sum of $20 million to the family

that was a civil case, and it was a settlement. He didn't need to be aquitted, he was never criminally charged with anything.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    this thread = yet another horrible look for soulstrut

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I honestly believe that, no matter how freaky his relationship with kids was, he didn't molest them.

I agree.....I think what he did might have been weird and creepy, but not molestation.

I also think there are probably people in jail for doing the same creepy, weird stuff.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    DIGGADIGGA is fully exempt from being tactful, though--it's a feat when he's coherent.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

that was a civil case, and it was a settlement. He didn't need to be aquitted, he was never criminally charged with anything.

Jackson was accused of child sexual abuse by a 13-year-old boy named Jordan Chandler and his father Evan Chandler.[86] The friendship between Jackson and Evan Chandler broke down. Sometime afterwards, Evan Chandler was tape-recorded saying amongst other things, "If I go through with this, I win big-time. There's no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be destroyed forever...Michael's career will be over"[/b].[87] A year after they had met, under the influence of sodium amytal, a controversial sedative, Jordan Chandler told his father that Jackson had touched his penis.[88] Evan Chandler and Jackson, represented by their legal teams, then engaged in unsuccessful negotiations to resolve the issue in a financial settlement; the negotiations were initiated by Chandler but Jackson did make several counter offers. Jordan Chandler then told a psychiatrist and later police that he and Jackson had engaged in acts of kissing, masturbation and oral sex, as well as giving a detailed description of what he alleged were the singer's genitals.[89]
    An official investigation began[/b], with Jordan Chandler's mother adamant that there was no wrongdoing on Jackson's part. Neverland Ranch was searched; multiple children and family members denied that he was a pedophile.[89] Jackson's image took a further turn for the worse when his older sister La Toya Jackson accused him of being a pedophile[/b], a statement she later retracted.[90] Jackson agreed to a 25-minute strip search, conducted at his ranch. The search was required to see if a description provided by Jordan Chandler was accurate. Doctors concluded that there were some strong similarities, but it was not a definitive match.[90] Jackson made an emotional public statement on the events; he proclaimed his innocence, criticized what he perceived as biased media coverage and told of his strip search.[86]
    Jackson began taking painkillers, Valium and Ativan to help him cope with chronic pain resulting from an accident involving the collapse of stage rigging during the Dangerous Tour and for joint inflammation from lupus. Jackson started taking Xanax for panic attacks and stress stemming from the allegations made against him of child abuse. By the fall of 1993, Jackson was addicted to the drugs.[91] His health deteriorated to the extent that he canceled the remainder of the Dangerous World Tour and went into drug rehabilitation for a few months.[92] The stress of the allegations also caused Jackson to stop eating, and he lost a significant amount of weight.[93] With his health in decline, Jackson's friends and legal advisers took over his defense and finances; they called on him to settle the allegations out of court, believing that he could not endure a lengthy trial.[92][93]
    Tabloid reaction to the allegations put Jackson in an unfavorable light.[94] Complaints about the coverage and media included everything from bias against Jackson, accepting stories of alleged criminal activity for money to accepting confidential leaked material from the police investigation in return for money paid.[95] On January 1, 1994, Jackson settled with the Chandler family and their legal team out of court, in a civil lawsuit for $22 million. After the settlement Jordan Chandler stopped co-operating with police regarding criminal proceedings. Jackson was never charged, and the state closed its criminal investigation, citing lack of evidence.[/b][96]

• look how fucked up Macauley Culkin is....

that is somewhat misleading.

the settlement of the civil dispute stipulated that the kid, who would have provided the key evidence, would not participate in the criminal proceedings so the investigation inevitably collapsed. i believe the law in California was amended so that predators would not be able to avoid punishment by "purchasing" justice with huge settlements.

• I honestly believe that, no matter how freaky his relationship with kids was, he didn't molest them.

I agree.....I think what he did might have been weird and creepy, but not molestation.

I also think there are probably people in jail for doing the same creepy, weird stuff.

My wife and I were talking about this the other night. I don't necessarily believe that he was a pedophile, but I wouldn't have let my kids within 100 miles of him.

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts

SMOOCHY THE RHINO!!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

that says alot more about the kids parents than MJ. If my kid was molested no amount of money would be acceptable...thats almost prostitution IMO.... 'you raped my kid but you paid me so its okay?' WTF is that?

I have never suffered abuse but I know people who have and I dont think any of them would have taken money from their abuser.

• I'm still looking for a 100% morally pure artist to expose my children to. I need to be really really sure tho. Until then, no art for them at all, I just can't risk it. Let me know if you guys have any ideas..

HI GUYS!

• I'm still looking for a 100% morally pure artist to expose my children to. I need to be really really sure tho. Until then, no art for them at all, I just can't risk it. Let me know if you guys have any ideas..

HI GUYS!

You don't know about the all-gospel bukkake??

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Where's the Debbie Rowe thread ?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

He dug out Mila Kunis puccini. I think he's fine.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I think he's fine.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Edit: all this came out with me and my wife sharing our MJ experiences tonight, and trying to explain to our coworkers why he was so important to us.

The MJ shit with all the second guessing has to stop.

He was black. And white.
    He was masculine. And feminine.
    He was hypersexual. And asexual.
    He was a child star who had no childhood. And an adult star who tired to buy a childhood through his estate.
    He was Motown. And MTV.
    He was the most famous man on the planet. And he retreated into privacy.
    He loved children. And he didn't know how to love children.
    He was adored by billions. And he just wanted the love of his three kids.

He was everything. And he was a genius.

Look, the reason his legacy and his death has caused people on here, on the street, and on EARTH, ALL OVER THIS EARTH, THE WHOLE GODDAMN PLANET! to lose their collective mind is that he was all things to all people. He was a unique man, a unique talent, and we were lucky to enjoy and overlap with his time on this planet, for better or worse. He IS (present tense) a cultural touchstone beyond any other living person.

But, he was, at the end, a man. And, all men die. Just some, we never thought would ever die. He was one of those.

If you don't get it at this point, you won't. If you do, this post is just noise.

His life was full of triumph and tragedy. His death was a tragedy, but we'll all remember the triumph.