Uno Melodic Discography - Bobbi Humphrey 45

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I found a copy of a 45 by Bobby Humphrey this weekend on Uno Melodic and I've been really feeling it. Never knew that she cut anything on the label and I gotta say that it's pretty killer stuff. I was just checking a discography at the following link and I realized that there's a handful that I've never owned nor heard.the link is the following: uno melodic discography I'm particularly wondering about the following releases:1983: Drivin??On Up (Uno Melodic) 1983: Silver Vibrations (Uno Melodic) UNO MELODIC 7012 12" 1981 - ETHEL BEATTY - I KNOW YOU CAREUNO MELODIC 8002 12" 1982 - ROY AYERS - FAST MONEY /SAMEUNO MELODIC 12" 1981 - SYLVIA STRIPLIN - SEARCHING Also I couldn't find a listing for the 7"s released by the label. The only two I own are the Striplin- Give Me Your Love and now the Bobbi Humphrey 45s. Anyone have any others?

Comments

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    That Ethel Beatty 12 has "Its Your Love" on the b, a nice choon. I'm curious about the Ayers LP "Drivin Up," 'cause I got the "Lots of Love" LP and its rill nice.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

I'm particularly wondering about the following releases:

1983: Drivin??On Up (Uno Melodic)
    1983: Silver Vibrations (Uno Melodic)
    UNO MELODIC 7012 12" 1981 - ETHEL BEATTY - I KNOW YOU CARE
    UNO MELODIC 8002 12" 1982 - ROY AYERS - FAST MONEY /SAME
    UNO MELODIC 12" 1981 - SYLVIA STRIPLIN - SEARCHING

UNO MELODIC 7012 12" 1981 - ETHEL BEATTY - I KNOW YOU CARE = BANANAS disco/club joint.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    yeah i had 3 copies of Lots of Love at one point and now just one... love that album. I just didn't know he had 2 or 3 other 12"s on the label. Who was Ethel Beatty?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    'cause I got the "Lots of Love" LP and its rill nice.

Word. "DC City" is the jawn son.

• UNO MELODIC 8002 12" 1982 - ROY AYERS - FAST MONEY /SAME

This one really sucks.

• UNO MELODIC 12" 1981 - SYLVIA STRIPLIN - SEARCHING

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4714777114&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

dude says it was never released except for a limited number of promos... provides lots of info including an mp3 and band line up.

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I picked up the bobbi on 12'' last year. Never heard anyone mention it. I grabbed it for a buck cause I thought I could trade/sell it for something. Turns out I really like the track. I'm assuming the 12'' has the longer versions. Vocal is 9:39 and the flip is 7:00.

• Options
    Yeah, there's a hot Bobbi disco track, but I never remember the name for some reason (other than I don't have it HINT HINT).

K.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I picked up the bobbi on 12'' last year. Never heard anyone mention it. I grabbed it for a buck cause I thought I could trade/sell it for something. Turns out I really like the track. I'm assuming the 12'' has the longer versions. Vocal is 9:39 and the flip is 7:00.

Yeah, just a longer version. I'm wondering whether there were ever any non 12" 45's... like from that Justo Almario LP...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Yeah, there's a hot Bobbi disco track, but I never remember the name for some reason (other than I don't have it HINT HINT).

K.

"Baby Don't You Know" is the name, and yes it's super duper good.

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts
    The Ethel Beatty is one of the toughest to find Uno Melodic sides. It has been booted though. My buddy Dennis used to work with Roy in the late 70s and was heavily involved with the production and promotion of all the Uno Melodic output.....he has all this old stuff sitting in a storage unit in Brooklyn, NY. A few sealed OG Beatty 12"s came from there last year....I'll quiz him more on this next time we speak.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    The Ethel Beatty is one of the toughest to find Uno Melodic sides. It has been booted though. My buddy Dennis used to work with Roy in the late 70s and was heavily involved with the production and promotion of all the Uno Melodic output.....he has all this old stuff sitting in a storage unit in Brooklyn, NY. A few sealed OG Beatty 12"s came from there last year....I'll quiz him more on this next time we speak.

cool... and feel free to grab a couple more of those sealed Beatty 12"s and Justo Almario LPs while your chatting and send them down south.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i used to have the "searching" 12"...it's dope and i wish i would have recorded it b4 ebaying it...got $200 on it.
    ethel beatty boot is everywhere, cop it.
    so you found un uno 45...i've never seen one of those b4.