the TWILIGHT ZONE hot OR not?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
HOT!peace, stein. . .

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Perhaps my favorite shit ever when I was a kid.

I was already a big fan when they made the movie, when I was
    around 12 or something. I used to live for this show coming on TV.
    I always liked the one with the talking slot machine ("FRANKIN!")
    and the "OBSOLETE!" kafka-lite episode ... and the William Shatner
    one with the fortune teller ... and "To Serve Man" haha I can't stop ....

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hot, but the ride at Disneyland made me feel ill.

edit: California Adventure

• ---------Ummmm, Hot!!!

• Classic shit, and it got me into reading stuff by the guys that wrote the show, i.e. Harlan Ellison, Richard Matheson and Charles Beaumont (among others).

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    og b&w - super red hot

90's color series - not so hot

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    og b&w - super red hot

90's color series - not so hot

Exactly!

I still watch marathons when they show them on Sci-Fi, really brings you back instantly to whenever you first experienced that unique Twilight Zone vibe. I especially remember late nights in the 70s watching these, and especially any space travel or time travel episodes were of special interest. Possibly the most original vibe in all of Television. There is nothing that has ever quite matched it's uniqueness. The Outer Limits was pretty damn cool too, though.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    haha ... what 90's color series?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

and the "OBSOLETE!" kafka-lite episode ... and the William Shatner
    one with the fortune teller ... and "To Serve Man" haha I can't stop ....

SciFi had a Twilight Zone marathon this past weekend, and I saw all three of these episodes.

HOT[/b]

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Planet Of The Apes

That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was time now. There was all the time I needed... ! It's not fair!

• one of my favourite shows ( and pinball machines) of all time

---------------

• "My name is Talky Tina and I don't think I like you."

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Easily in my top five shows evar.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

^^^^^Lady on left is...

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

• the one they did in the 80's was def. sub-par but there was one episode that freaked me out big time as a kid:

the one with poorly-sighted, old prisoner who is also a grave-digger and who makes a deal with another con to bury her with newly dead corpse and dig her up later that evening. when she lights a match to see who she is with to discover it is in fact the grave digger gave me nightmares for months.

does anybody remember this episode?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Hotter than hot. One of the greatest TV shows of all time, without question. Bonus beats for all of the early appearances by up-and-comers (Shatner, Meredith, etc). Aside fom some of the shows mentioned, the episode that always stays with me is the one where the kid sends people "into the cornfield" --

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    the one they did in the 80's was def. sub-par but there was one episode that freaked me out big time as a kid:

the one with poorly-sighted, old prisoner who is also a grave-digger and who makes a deal with another con to bury her with newly dead corpse and dig her up later that evening. when she lights a match to see who she is with to discover it is in fact the grave digger gave me nightmares for months.

does anybody remember this episode?

I do indeed remember this episode and it was a truly scary TV moment for me as a kid. However, this was an Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode from the 80s if I'm not mistaken. Great, great show growing up as a kid....scarred me so many times....

The writing and creativity of the Twilight Zone is really up there in terms of genius...it really was waaaay ahead of its time.

• was an Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode from the 80s

thanks for the correction man, gonna hunt down that episode...