Willie Nelson is Repping Biodiesel

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Willie Nelson is like Benjamin Fucking Franklin. First one handed golf, then tae kwon do and now biodiesel entrepreneurship all shoehorned in between 250 shows a year. Remarkable.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6826994/

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Not to mention he's a straight up fucking FOX!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    No disrespect to Willie, but what about a weeded out 80-year-old won't-give-it-up hippy that needs a haircut is supposed to make me want to do what he says I should do?

• No disrespect to Willie, but what about a weeded out 80-year-old won't-give-it-up hippy that needs a haircut is supposed to make me want to do what he says I should do?

Because he's Willie Damn Nelson.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I posted this in a recent thread. Check the link to that article. Turns out, my homie has been talking to Willie's people about maybe bringing BioWillie to the Bay?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    No disrespect to Willie, but what about a weeded out 80-year-old won't-give-it-up hippy that needs a haircut is supposed to make me want to do what he says I should do?

YO. Willie is a fucking LEGEND dude. Maybe you need to take a day off from your uber raers and school yourself on Willie Nelson.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

YO. Willie is a fucking LEGEND dude. Maybe you need to take a day off from your uber raers and school yourself on Willie Nelson.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I like Willie because he is an highly original guitar player. Listen to some of his sparcer records and hear the ragged phrasing he uses on his gut string guitar solos.

I like Willie because he has written some top notch songs. That many of his songs are deceptively complex is intriguing to me.

Here are a few of the good songs he has written:
    Crazy
    If you've Got The Money
    Night Life
    I've Gotta Get Drunk
    Hello Walls
    Whiskey River

I like Willie because he has stood up for the small family farmer for years.

I like Willie because he talked out agains war with Iraq right from the start.

I like Willie because his shows build community.

I do not denie that he is a "weeded out 80-year-old won't-give-it-up hippy that needs a haircut", but I still like him. You should do what you want to do, but take a minute and listen to what he has to say.

WARNING! Do not go out and start buying all the Willie Nelson records you see, he recorded plenty of crap.

Dan

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I like Willie because he has written some top notch songs. That many of his songs are deceptively complex is intriguing to me.

Here are a few of the good songs he has written:
    Crazy[/b]

I like Willie because he has stood up for the small family farmer for years.

I like Willie because he talked out agains war with Iraq right from the start.

I like Willie because his shows build community.

these are just some of the reasons you sjhould respect this "weeded out 80 year old hippie"

Dude is the real American Dream

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I like Willie because he recorded Pancho and Lefty.

I like that Willie always opens his show with Whiskey River.

I like Willie because he seems to honestly enjoy and respect his fellow musicians.

I like that Willie hasn't made a Rick Ruben album (yet).

I like that Willie is still letting his freak flag fly way past the 70s.

In brief.........I like Willie.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    good for you Dr. Wu, but you gots to chill, okay?

sheesh

• good for you Dr. Wu, but you gots to chill, okay?

sheesh

Jesus dude... Now what?!?!?!?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

If the American dream is being poor and nobody before getting rich and famous then yes, he's just like Donald Trump. Otherwise he's pretty much your classic American anti-hero.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

he's pretty much your classic American anti-hero.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Point taken.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    I went to Willie's Birthday Bash festival in Texas a couple of years ago. He is definitely a true entertainer. He also smoked doobies on the roof of the whitehouse during three consecutive presidencies, while the secret service stood by and watched. I love the Johnny Cash/Willie Nelson Storytellers album. It's like chillin' in the living room, with a couple of road weary, wise old men that have shared alot together. Also the last track off the album Willie did with the Fabulous Thunderbirds is my shit. "We All Went to Mexico." It's about him leaving his wife, grabbing his dog, and his friend Joe;and heading down to Mexico.

• good for you mylatency, but you gots to chill, okay?

sheesh

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I went to Willie's Birthday Bash festival in Texas a couple of years ago. He is definitely a true entertainer. He also smoked doobies on the roof of the whitehouse during three consecutive presidencies, while the secret service stood by and watched.

That's kind of the famous people's equivalent to smoking them in the school bathroom, isn't it?