R.I.P.

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Are you F*cking serious?!

I think he even seen his 40's.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Are you F*cking serious?!

I think he even seen his 40's.

36 years old. Gunned down in downtown Nashville a few hours a go.

<-- Stunned

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Damn. This is crazy! Double murder? R.I.P.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This is really f*cked up.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    whoa.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    that man was a warrior. R.I.P.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    incredibly sad. RIP

• Options
    Saw bits of this on cnn, but i didn't get to hear the cause of death. Crazy...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    that man was a warrior.

No doubt. He kept playing for teams that I, as a Steelers fan, was obligated to hate, but I always had tons of respect for the guy. He was a man and a half for sure. RIP.

• So crazy...on July 4th of all days!!

RIP

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    What a tragedy. RIP to one of the toughest dudes to strap on the armor.

My dude works for the Titans, and had nothing but good things to say about McNair.

Damn. I've said it before, but this is a tragic few years for the NFL.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Murder-suicide, presumably by the 20 year old he was seeing on the side. Yikes.

• I was shocked when i heard this sad news yesterday, all i have ever heard was good things about Steve McNair. Dude was married with four kids, he should have known to stay away from these crazy young bitch's.

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    Sad. RIP to a great NFLer. I am interested in why the media seems so quick to portray this as a crime of passion/murder suicide when it came out today that he took 2 in the head and 2 in the chest. Do I watch too much TV or is this not a little suspect?

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Sad. RIP to a great NFLer. I am interested in why the media seems so quick to portray this as a crime of passion/murder suicide when it came out today that he took 2 in the head and 2 in the chest. Do I watch too much TV or is this not a little suspect?

Dude... that sounds almost exactly like a crime of passion. With his mistress and the gun lying next to him? Doesn't that sound like a crime of passion? Murder/suicide related?

Look, the media sucks. But, some of the media critics on soulstrut also suck.

EDIT: Look, don't mean to be too salty, and the autopsy results on Kazemi is inconclusive as to suicide. And, her family is saying another person may be involved. But, all signs are pointing to a crime of passion, so I really can't blame the media for following that line. Especially given the fact that she was found dead next to her murdered lover. Who is married to someone else.

It doesn't sound suspect at all to you that a former NFL player was seemingly overpowered by a 20-year-old woman who then had the presence of mind to shoot him twice in the head and then twice in the chest just to make sure the deed was done? Look, I'm not tryin to pretend like I know what went down either and the circumstances do seem to indicate a murder/suicide but something just isn't sitting right with me...

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    seems to me the wife would be more of a suspect than the 20 year old, but we really don't have enough details right now to know what happened here. why would the young girl kill him and herself? looks like he was hookin' her up with dough, probably paying for the apartment, bought her an escalade etc. he was pretty open about being with this girl, so no doubt his wife knew about it. i'd be looking at Mrs. McNair (or somebody close to her) reeeeeal hard, and i'm sure the cops are doing just that. all just speculation, though.

It doesn't sound suspect at all to you that a former NFL player was seemingly overpowered by a 20-year-old woman who then had the presence of mind to shoot him twice in the head and then twice in the chest just to make sure the deed was done? Look, I'm not tryin to pretend like I know what went down either and the circumstances do seem to indicate a murder/suicide but something just isn't sitting right with me...

Huh? What is so "suspect" about the idea that someone with a gun - regardless of age - could "overpower" someone by shooting them four times, including twice in the head? It's not like McNair had his arm broken first.

Yeah like I said I prolly watch too much TV and this woman was just one cold b*tch. I guess I'm just confused as to how the the execution-style nature of the killings mixes with the "passion" element. ESPN continues to report on the story here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4309196

• My Pops always told me
    "Don't bay with the dillies"

Now I know why...
    RIP

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i hate to assume anything when it comes to tragedy but i don't think she did it.

R.I.P

i hate to assume anything when it comes to tragedy but i don't think she did it.

R.I.P

She bought the gun two days prior. By herself.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

R.I.P

She bought the gun two days prior. By herself.

I know, but I'm with Ed. Something doesn't seem right to me.

And the fact that they haven't confirmed that it was a murder-suicide doesn't help things. Don't they usually like to put these things to bed as soon as possible? With everything that's been reported they can close this case and leave it that without any questions from the public.

Where's McNulty when you need him?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    why make it more than what it is?

i dont see some big conspiracy/coverup.

Dude's other lady caught extra feelings.

No one-arm man steez stuff to me.

I don't get what is so bewildering about this. Take McNair out of the equation for a second.

A 20 year old woman, currently being taken care of by a wealthy, married man almost twice her age gets pulled over for drunk driving (with said sugar daddy in the car) and gets put in jail. Sugar daddy bails her out. That same night, she goes and buys a gun.

Without knowing what exactly transpired, my logical guess would be: sugar daddy broke up with her.

Two days later, he's dead, she's got a bullet in the head and the gun is next to her.

What feels "wrong" about assuming she offed him b/c he was breaking up with her?

Could there have been some third party who set it up on some Jason Bourne shit? Yeah, I guess. But right now, it doesn't scream "shady" to me.

I don't get what is so bewildering about this. .

But do you get why it's still an open case? 'Cause if do, plaese to 'splain.

I have no idea. I'm open to the possibility there's some other crazy shit going on. But if it turns out it was the girlfriend, in the living room, with a gun, I don't think anyone should be shocked.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The ballistics aren't in=open.
    That bitch has crazy eyes. He pulled a Phil Hartman and got taken out. Case closed.

The ballistics aren't in=open.
    That bitch has crazy eyes. He pulled a Phil Hartman and got taken out. Case closed.

Don't mess with me, Non. I just started reading David Simon's Homicide this week!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    DON'T TELL A GIRL YOU'RE DONE AND THEN HANG OUT/GO TO SLEEP!
    Bust a move like Young MC