Drop it like it's hot sampled?

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
A friend told me he heard the original song sampled for Snoop's "Drop it like it's hot". I don't believe him, considering the Neptunes don't usually sample. Maybe I'm wrong?

Comments

• some people say that the "snoooooooooooooooooooOOOOP!" line is inspired by the
    keyboard from laid back's "white horse."

then again, people say lots of things.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    some people say that the "snoooooooooooooooooooOOOOP!" line is inspired by the
    keyboard from laid back's "white horse."

then again, people say lots of things.

There's a new country song that "samples" the video. Pretty funny stuff.

Herm

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the neptunes "sample" lots of people, even though they dont actually "sample" tracks.

im drunk,

GLOOM

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    the neptunes "sample" lots of people, even though they dont actually "sample" tracks.

im drunk,

GLOOM

Me too!

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    A friend told me he heard the original song sampled for Snoop's "Drop it like it's hot". I don't believe him, considering the Neptunes don't usually sample. Maybe I'm wrong?

No, they replay stuff.

"Drop it..." is definitely based on the intro track "Warm up" from Jill Scott's last album.

Listen: http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20EZ04VDZQ3LE2MHC0ZWG0OP0S

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

No, they replay stuff.

"Drop it..." is definitely based on the intro track "Warm up" from Jill Scott's last album.

Listen: http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20EZ04VDZQ3LE2MHC0ZWG0OP0S

Wow, never heard that track before. I like it alot. Has anybody remixed that with "Drop it like it's hot"?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    See, I actually like that, but think Drop It Like It's Hot is fucking garbage. Oh, the irony.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    See, I actually like that, but think Drop It Like It's Hot is fucking garbage. Oh, the irony.

Ya, it's just good fun.

• Allure on The Black Album

that is a sample.....the Independants i think on Wand......

anyway, it's a bonifide sample, not a replayed beat, and it's the ONLY song on the black album that's not cleared....

pharrell prolly didn't even tell jay.