Neti Pot

dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
just want to say: my year since discovering the neti pot has been great...nasally speaking (and speaking nasally).do you have one? Oprah does, apparently. From daily morning flush to congestion protection to afternoon allergy-fighting re-ups: it's great.

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Did you have sinus problems?

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    x 1,000,000

My doctor recommended it after a lifetime of sinus and ear problems, and it is life changing. I breath better, sleep better, etc.

Get familiar.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Did you have sinus problems?

not really, no... Just boogies and snot. I do spend some time in warehouse everyday, and breathing deeply while riding bikes adds some gnar...but no evident or diagnosed sinus problems to speak of.

I think I can breathe, hear, and just feel better with the neti pot nasal irrigation...I do have some grass allergies, and hate being dried out by the anti-histamine drugs. Neti pot just booooooooooom love it

there's also something satisfying in examining what's coming out of my whole nasal piece...some crazy stuff up there!

Dogz... a Buick will drive out of there. It's nuts.

tadpoles and dustbunnies and nuggets:

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Don't even get me started. I've been a user of the pot (ha) for about 4+ yrs now. It helps keep my head clear of all the allergies. I use it at least once a day. More if the Santa Ana's are blowing. My girl hipped my to alkalol http://www.alkalolcompany.com/. I add a little of that to my salt solution and bam! Shit is poppin.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i dont suffer from allergies or any other sinus problems but turned to neti potting after working in an office that turned up the heat fairly high during the winter thus drying you out.

i ended up fashioning a 16oz meyers soap bottle into a neti pot cause i didnt want to spend $15 on one.

but seriously, i neti pot at least once a week and i swear i can smell things that i didnt smell before.

highly recommended especially if you live in some of these really congested citys.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i started using it while doing construction and gutting of a house. all kinds of dark foulness was flushd out and i swear that it helped me avoid catching colds

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    ^^^
    dark foulness and subsequent nosebleed, TL.

i use mine frequently to get pollutants out before they make their way to my respiratory system and in winter with a tiny bit of calendula.

• is this really what it does?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    is this really what it does?

Yep.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've had terrible seasonal allergies for most of my life and just started using one out of desperation a few months ago. I had thought it would be the ultimate refreshing new age experience but it actually feels way more like breathing swimming pool water. Definitely helps though.

obviously a strutter

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    This thing works. I was a mono breather for months and now I'm back to full stereo thanks to my neti pot.
    Throw in a bad new age record and you have a spiritual experience every morning/night.

• erikbeatserikbeats 129 Posts
    what a waste of cheap drink

• looks painful

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    looks painful

at first it did but you get used to it.

think getting water up your nose while swimming at the beach.

I've had terrible seasonal allergies for most of my life and just started using one out of desperation a few months ago. I had thought it would be the ultimate refreshing new age experience but it actually feels way more like breathing swimming pool water. Definitely helps though.

It can suck if you're really backed up, and you just have to sit there while the hot water forces its way through.

But, the feeling AFTER you finish is :SONECESSARY:

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    I just want to pop in here and say that this thread got me interested enough that I'm going to cop one tonight. Will report back, hopefully extolling it as THE TRUTH.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    looks painful

at first it did but you get used to it.

think getting water up your nose while swimming at the beach.

I hope to God you are using a salt solution and not just straight water.

• I add a pinch of salt, and a little bit of baking soda.