Mac Preview question.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
So I'm still learning how these Macbooks work. The other day I imported images from my camera using ImageCapture ('cause that's the only way it seemed to recognize the attached camera). Today I opened them in Preview and noticed that it not only showed the pics as is, but it also included another pic that zoomed in on almost every face in the shot. It was weird and unexpected but really cool! It zoomed in on some really obscure faces too! Some waaay in the background, tiny faces on t-shirts, etc...Is this normal? Is it some setting I have turned on? It's not a problem at all I'm just wondering what's up.

Comments

• can you post a picture of what this looks like?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I've never had this problem, but when you open up ImageCapture the second drop down option tab is 'Automatic Task', which will do things like build a slide show, crop or resize, I'm guessing you have something selected there, other than 'None'.

If not and no one has an answer here, try asking about it on the apple/macbook forum, I've found people very helpful there.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    can you post a picture of what this looks like?

I can't figure out how to post it 'cause for some odd reason I cannot access the image file from it's original location. Through the mapping, it appears to be hidden in a data file with iPhoto. I can see the image(s) if I search "face" in the Spotlight, but I can't track it back to it's original location because I don't know how to get to the data folder within iPhoto.

Here's an idea of what I'm talking about:

These files all have "face1" added to the OG file. (Ex. In addition to IMG_5123.jpg, I now have a file named IMG_5123_face1.jpg, IMG_5123_face2.jpg, etc.)

Like I said, it's not a big deal, just interesting.

• Here's an idea of what I'm talking about:

These files all have "face1" added to the OG file. (Ex. In addition to IMG_5123.jpg, I now have a file named IMG_5123_face1.jpg, IMG_5123_face2.jpg, etc.)

Like I said, it's not a big deal, just interesting.

what camera are you using? im guessing this face business is taking place in the camera not in an application on your computer. maybe it's some feature

what camera are you using? im guessing this face business is taking place in the camera not in an application on your computer. maybe it's some feature

Canon SD1000. It DOES have a face recognize feature, but I *thought* it only recognized one face. Guess I was wrong!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I don't use iPhoto, but I know that iPhoto 09 has a built-in face recognition feature.
    Sounds like that's what you're dealing with here.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10153818-1.html

You can probably turn it off in the iPhoto preferences.