Truth & Soul Records

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
Has anyone ever order from Truth and Soul Records web site? Holy shit, be prepared to wait foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr to get your items. Also you may have to call them three or four times to remind them to ship it. Those guys must be sitting up in the office getting blunted every day all day. I know i'm not the only one who has had this problem with them.Speak up now, or else...

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    yep, casual beyond belief, just get their stuff from dusty groove.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    i couldn't even find the option to ship overseas on their page so i just gave up and used dustygroove.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that's kind of sad

• i don't like pissing on anyone's reputation, but i'm shocked at the way they conduct business. i'll never buy directly from them again.

• that kind of management is really not good for business...

• I saw someone placed an order and then I GOT High

I was gonna ship the package but then I Got High

They called to remind us while We Were High

It's been three weeks and I haven't shipped Cause I'm Still High

I Get High, I Get High, I Get High

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I posted mumerous threads all over the interwebs complaining about their lateness a couple years ago...THAT finally got their attention, but it seemd as though it was worth it...I only ordered 2 45s, but they ended up sending me a box with all of their 45s and a CD.

• litemus5litemus5 132 Posts
    I guess Baghat Vinyl aren't the only ones who conduct their business unprofessionally.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    This thread is not good news as I've been waiting for a package from them for a couple weeks now.

• PBsoulsPBsouls 8 Posts
    I think we got be happy a label like truth and soul exists regardless of their short comings.They are a small business just two guys I think.Plus you have to love a label that owns up to their lateness and sends out care packages for the mistakes

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    you have to love a label that owns up to their lateness and sends out care packages for the mistakes

The point is that they shouldn't be late in the first place, they'll just lose more business and money sending "care packages". You'll get people who won't return and people who will take advantage of these freebies.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    I guess Baghat Vinyl aren't the only ones who conduct their business unprofessionally.

Isn't he out of the game and have been so for a couple of years. I remember the site being dead for a long time.

• litemus5litemus5 132 Posts
    The site is back up and running, however it's the same old song. Him stating on his website that "WE ARE ON A SMALL HIATUS RIGHT NOW (since June 2007). We will be back by such and such date! We appreciate the support that we have gotten over the years, and we will be back very soon with more of those funky breaks, etc., etc." and when that time comes.........nothing.

Sooo three weeks and no records and no response to emails.....
    When do I just hang it up and reverse the charges?

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Give'em four weeks and a final email then pull the plug.

Give'em four weeks and a final email then pull the plug.

That's about what I was thinking.
    Sucks cause I was looking forward to that package, that Phenomenal Handclap Band 7" is
    SUPER GOOD!

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Be patient, they pulled through for me a couple of weeks ago.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I wanted to the hand clap jernt. Thiought the video was funny. Clean up your goddamn room. Nice tune.

Ummmmm Wu......
    I'm thinking that's not the official video.

So the package showed up on Saturday,
    and surprise surprise they fucked up the order and shorted me a record.
    Dudes are putting out some killer music but suck donkey balls at selling it.