hip hop hooray VS o.p.p.

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
i'll say o.p.p. since michael is on there.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    ugh, always hated both these songs

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    wickedest man alive

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Lord Finesse featured the Hey Ho(ROTF) chant way before Naughty made it into a Hit.

Ill take O.P.P. - the J5 Remix

• feel me flow, imho

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Song: OPP
    Video: HHH

• DustbusterDustbuster 278 Posts
    Uptown Anthem is the only one I can still listen to.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    i'll go with whichever's over soonest...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    ugh, always hated both these songs

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Uptown Anthem is the only one I can still listen to.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    always hated naughty by nature as a matter of fact
    treach is annoying and when vinroc grabbed queen latifah's ass in that U.N.I.T.Y. video, I was more than offended.
    F*ck THAT.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'll ride for all this schitt.

"Hip-Hop Hooray" is a great cut. Heard it the other day, and it's aged well IMHO.

O.P.P. is kind of disqualified in my book because of the massive bite of Tony D's beat (RIP).

I'll go with H.H.H.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Dude, your hate for Naughty By Nature is irrational.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

"Hip-Hop Hooray" is a great cut. Heard it the other day, and it's aged well IMHO.

O.P.P. is kind of disqualified in my book because of the massive bite of Tony D's beat (RIP).

I'll go with H.H.H.

Naughty by Nature is an under-rated group.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Huge fan of Naughty By Nature. I'll probably go with Hip-Hop Hooray if I had to choose between the two, but I'll take Jamboree or Feel Me Flow any day of the week.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Always haaaaaaaated Hip Hop Hooray, still do.

Yeah man Naughty is just wholly a nasty group. The other day Flex played "It's On"... man, I need to break out that 2nd album.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I'll go with H.H.H.

Yes.

To my ears, "O.P.P." is one of the best pop rap songs of all time (and big props to Tony D for making that beat in the first place). "Hip-Hop Hooray" is up there, but I think "O.P.P." just barely edges it out.

Also, on "Feel Me Flow." Any love for "Everything's Gonna Be Alright?"

• Options
    OPP

man this shit just makes me smile. Everything from the Isleys sample to the cameos to the supersoaker shootout and Vinnie coming off almost as tight as Treach! man they don't make em like this anymore

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    my greatest memory of hip hop hooray was waiting in line for a carnival ride as a youngin and hearing that song start off. i so wanted it to be still playing when i got on the ride but it stopped right before i got on

Naughty by Nature >>>>>>>>>>>>> Boogiemonsters

And uh... yeah Feel Me Flow ftw.

Eminem gives respect to Treach as one of the most innovative lyricists of the early ???90s, and Naughty By Nature???s main producer???Kier ???Kay Gee??? Gist???is long overdue for a similar recognition on the music tip. After debuting in 1989 as a trio named The New Style, this group of East Orange, New Jersey friends landed a management deal with Queen Latifah???s Flavor Unit. They soon changed their named to Naughty By Nature, got signed to Tommy Boy and started producing for Flavor Unit???s roster. The group???s classic self-titled debut featured ???O.P.P.,??? one of rap music???s first massive crossover hits that didn???t sacrifice hip-hop credibility.

The success of Naughty set Kay Gee up as a producer-for-hire, but even from the jump, his focus seemed to be on artist development. He found early R&B success with bald-headed duo Zhan??, who he signed to Naughty???s Illtown Records. While he originally produced in collaboration with the Naughty crew, he broke out on his own in the mid-???90s and formed a new label named Divine Mill. Once again, he found R&B success with Next, and later soul crooner Jaheim. In honor of everyone driving out to Jersey this weekend for Summer Jam, I wanted to make a mix of 30 key Kay Gee-related tracks for this week???s Uggh???Nice Watch release. Enjoy...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Eminem gives respect to Treach as one of the most innovative lyricists of the early ???90s, and Naughty By Nature???s main producer???Kier ???Kay Gee??? Gist???is long overdue for a similar recognition on the music tip. After debuting in 1989 as a trio named The New Style, this group of East Orange, New Jersey friends landed a management deal with Queen Latifah???s Flavor Unit. They soon changed their named to Naughty By Nature, got signed to Tommy Boy and started producing for Flavor Unit???s roster. The group???s classic self-titled debut featured ???O.P.P.,??? one of rap music???s first massive crossover hits that didn???t sacrifice hip-hop credibility.

The success of Naughty set Kay Gee up as a producer-for-hire, but even from the jump, his focus seemed to be on artist development. He found early R&B success with bald-headed duo Zhan??, who he signed to Naughty???s Illtown Records. While he originally produced in collaboration with the Naughty crew, he broke out on his own in the mid-???90s and formed a new label named Divine Mill. Once again, he found R&B success with Next, and later soul crooner Jaheim. In honor of everyone driving out to Jersey this weekend for Summer Jam, I wanted to make a mix of 30 key Kay Gee-related tracks for this week???s Uggh???Nice Watch release. Enjoy...

Where's this? Kay Gee is one of the illest producers. I was planning on doing an all Kay Gee mix but looks like these dudes beat me to it.

Where's this? Kay Gee is one of the illest producers. I was planning on doing an all Kay Gee mix but looks like these dudes beat me to it.

The image is a link. Pretty sure its unmixed, though.

• Treach tried to holler at my ex.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts

• 'eh. OPP I guess. MJ sample right?

I saw NBN in 1992. 15 bucks and 15 minutes. I saw NBN (free this time) in 2005 (again perhaps) and again about 20 minutes.