Glastonbury in Pics

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
I have to say. I'm really enjoying the pics boston.com puts up lately.http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/06/glastonbury_2009.htmlDo any strutters go to events this size?

Comments

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I first went to Glastonbury when I was 7 (school were always told that I was going to a 'wedding') and went for the next 8 years and had a great time but stopped going when I actually had to pay. Those years included one of the muddiest of all and I didn't go back until two years ago but surprisingly still had a great time. Alcohol is very nice to get by at these things though if you're cynical like me and find hippies a bit cringe worthy.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Does it ever not rain there? Great pics though.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Great pics indead.

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    Really nice pics! Makes me wish I was 21 and dropping acid again. I'd need it to listen to those bands haha.

• i'm going to something called womad not sure if it's similar in size

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    i'm going to something called womad not sure if it's similar in size

Womad doesn't really compare to Glastonbury, it's much smaller.

It used to be held in Reading and as a kid I sneaked in a couple of times, (it's now held somewhere much nicer). It's a 'World' music festival so expect lots of middle class white hippies, trustafarians, vegan food etc. They do have some great music though.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Yes.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Yes.

Oh shit. I would have loved to see this.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Yes.

It's on the bbc online service if you can access that. / They were really good, Christopher Guest shreds!

They also have a youtube channel promoting their 25 years anniversary 'Back from the Dead' release. With re-versioned tracks, including a reggae 'Listen to the flower people' and a funky 'Sex farm'

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Yes.

It's on the bbc online service if you can access that. / They were really good, Christopher Guest shreds!

They also have a youtube channel promoting their 25 years anniversary 'Back from the Dead' release. With re-versioned tracks, including a reggae 'Listen to the flower people' and a funky 'Sex farm'

Thanks for the info. I will be checking for all this schitt. I'm already imagining a reggae version of "Flower people."

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts

Yes.

Interviewed about meeting Bruce Springsteen:

Jo Whiley: Where did you meet him?

Nigel Tufnel: I don't remember.

Jo Whiley: What do you remember of your encounter?

Nigel Tufnel: Not much.

Ha ha.

• Jo Whiley

Ha ha.
    her and zane lowe's coverage of glastonbury on the BBC was rubbish -