New Weekend Digs

2»

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    that ouro negro is ill
    check out the 45 review on waxidermy
    I saw that when I was searching for more info on the record/group. Nice stuff.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    just the one find for me this weekend, from my local spot, the absolute LAST place i'd expect to have this too:

There is an 80s pressing...I scooped one from superfly a couple years ago

I love the pic of her sittin next to Vincius on the back...she looks blazed as a muhfugger

• does the 80s press say anything on the sleeve that it was done in the 80s? this one is an exact copy of an OG press which makes me think its the boot but i didn't know that there is an 80s press.
    Yeah she looks kinda high in all the photos, Milton Nascimento looks soo young on the pic on the back too considering he was 26 at the time.

• Winners y'all. Cbear, we at peas from our garden last night -- nice feeling. W/ the big zuccini's I'd recommend stuffing em. Black beans, bread crumbs, some kind of soft cheese (or vegan alternative). Goes good with Szabo.

Doughboy, sorry about your camera -- perhaps console your self with some beer and hot tunes? Rockadelic -- freaking concentrated. Nice pulls. Fairybelle -- wonderful grab. Any phone number on the back for the woman with the trombone?

Reynaldo . . . er . . . now you've gotta process em. And get new shocks.

Myself: just some foolish MJ greed to step past. And some records to fill in the blanks. Shoppes, tag sales, and antique stores.

• got these in the mail this morning from Matthew Larkin Cassell. That man is that dude, so friendly and patient.

Peep the 12" here:
    Blind As Love Can Be

Meaning Of It All

i got 12" number 89 and hes planning on keeping some for himself so if you want a copy, get it from him NOW before they sell out and you end up paying kinetic $120 for it

• subsub 311 Posts

palamie is great!

i discovered these two guys recently too. you find a lot of records from them in portugal but only few are good. here is a link to tow more 45s including a nice raw version of "upa neguihnoa"...

http://waxidermy.com/2009/03/16/duo-ouro-negro-pata-pata/

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    local band called the tradewinds that i had not really heard about until this morning at the flea market. got about 60 pictures, flyers, band bio, etc. heres just a couple quick pics:

wow, what a find! I'd love to see the rest if you ever get them scanned

^^ hubba hubba!