New Weekend Digs

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
I murdered the boxes at the Capitol Public Radio record sale in Sacramento on Friday. 847 LPs in 3 hours--4 shopping carts full. $1 each, then 20% off for station members. I feel like mylatency must feel everyday (aka diggers high). More pics to follow.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    hhaha so this is why you asked me to sell at the Santa Cruz swap

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Glad I swung by the groove merchant today! More stuff later

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Rey, I want to know what's in the box's, man.

There's something cathartic about finding great music during such a crazy emotional week.

Have a great weekend all, go shake a leg.

• Hard Hitter was my first library find.
    Fun record.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    A few pics:

That Afrika record has some funk heat. Solar Plexus is a cool fusion record.

Blues and folk/rock.

Soul.

CTI.

Jazz, Wes Montgomery, etc.

Some ethnic, folk, and bone. Country dude in a Denise chair.

More Jazz.

Latin.

Random.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Hard Hitter was my first library find.
    Fun record.

certainly lives up to it's name, heaviest De Wolfe title I've come across so far.

• just the one find for me this weekend, from my local spot, the absolute LAST place i'd expect to have this too:

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    just the one find for me this weekend, from my local spot, the absolute LAST place i'd expect to have this too:

Is that the bootleg that came out years ago?

• Is that the bootleg that came out years ago?
    to be honest i'm not sure, the record is mono like the OG & has all the same numbers etc, but the price i paid screams bootleg, esp. on that record, do you know any way i can tell for sure?

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    just the one find for me this weekend, from my local spot, the absolute LAST place i'd expect to have this too:

DIE!!

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

to be honest i'm not sure, the record is mono like the OG & has all the same numbers etc, but the price i paid screams bootleg, esp. on that record, do you know any way i can tell for sure?

The sleeve and label look like they were photographed and reprinted. The record sounds like shit. I haven't listened to it in a while but I remember there were some hissy parts so it's obviously recorded from an original copy that was pretty played.

How much did you drop on it?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    local band called the tradewinds that i had not really heard about until this morning at the flea market. got about 60 pictures, flyers, band bio, etc. heres just a couple quick pics:

and a flyer for a local bay area band from Bayview:

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    WOW Justin. That's amazing, great find.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Those photos and flyer are amazing.

Here's about a 1/3rd of what a week on the road in 5 states yielded.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    A-Mazing finds rock!!! i didnt even know that Sundenfall existed! and holler if you're selling Monclairs

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I feel like mylatency must feel everyday (aka diggers high).

sayin

looks like a nice non-"e-haul" for you Rey

Rich killin it as usual, THAT GLORIA ANN TAYLOR IS SEALED I TELL YOU, SEALED.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT JUST REALIZED FAIRYBELLE74 IS JINX? WOW.

and regarding highs...yeah, you said it:

shopping carts are a must to make that trip to the car

best,
    M

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

nice find on the Milkwood! tough pull! (but you knew that)
    (Cars Ben Orr and Ric Ocasek 1972 ok folk-rock-ness that Ric absolutely denies doing and tired hard to have all unsold copies destroyed by label years ago. sold terribly, ive seen it 2x ever including your copy. i believe they use their original names on it (Ben Orzechowski(?) and Ric Otcasek).

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

The OG has a plastic bag style cover, often the plastic is missing so you have a folder style cover.

The boot has a regular cardboard cover.

I recommend the recent Joyce Lp on Far Out, an unreleased '76 session with just her, Mauricio Maestro and Nana Vasconcelos - really dreamy and beautiful.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    anyone know the Silver Nichols record? some pretty nice sunshine pop. i really dig a few tracks

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    All bought or traded for today on my front lawn, at my local record swap/strutter meet-up ... check that link for some good flix:

Needless to say, heat dartz were being sold and traded pretty heavily.

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    Some little punk broke into our place a stole our camera and laptop etc... so these date back a wee way. A mixed bag of 'bay / trades / local digs and some stuff from Melbourne too + the two senegalese records are from my girl friends sister who was there not so long ago.

Really pleased to pick up the tempo 70 in good nick

Baby Cortez cover the Isleys has some nice stuff on there

Photobucket

45s are...
    Wheel Of Life / Lyn Collins (loving this one)
    Nothing But A Heartache / Flirtations (classic that I needed)
    Beleiver / Ruby Andrews
    Funkadelic Sound / Little Beaver (dodgy bootleg but nice to have)
    Ambush / Maria Dallas (NZ country-ish northern soul that I finally found for a friend)
    Fried Chicken / Bubba Thomas

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Some little punk broke into our place a stole our camera and laptop etc...
    Sucks to hear that man. I hate getting "robbered". Nice records though.

• ageage 1,131 Posts

Damn......I've been after that one for a long time now.
    Nice score A**m !

• The sleeve and label look like they were photographed and reprinted. The record sounds like shit. I haven't listened to it in a while but I remember there were some hissy parts so it's obviously recorded from an original copy that was pretty played.

its the boot, the sleeve looks ok & it plays ok, nothing spectacular but nothing bad. I dropped ??5 on it. I hope this makes you feel a little better, leisurebandit.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts

The sleeve and label look like they were photographed and reprinted. The record sounds like shit. I haven't listened to it in a while but I remember there were some hissy parts so it's obviously recorded from an original copy that was pretty played.

its the boot, the sleeve looks ok & it plays ok, nothing spectacular but nothing bad. I dropped ??5 on it. I hope this makes you feel a little better, leisurebandit.

thanks man i wasn't actually mad, doggie, but thanks. hope you enjoy the music anyway

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that ouro negro is ill
    check out tghe 45 review on waxidermy

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Nothing crazy, but stuff I'm stoked on from the last two weeks:

Oh, and I found this in my garden: