the last angel of history (documentary)

spcspc 534 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Hi,I'm looking for the documentary "the last angel of history". It's a documentary about pan-african culture, science fiction and space.http://icarusfilms.com/new97/the_last_.htmlIf anyone knows, where I can get it or even has a copy, please let me know.

Comments

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    check your pm.

Hey - I PM'ed you. I watched it last night. It was pretty horrible, with lots of blathering incoherent quotes, and no reigning in of the subject matter.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    check you pm.

• As far as I know, you can only obtain a legit copy through the distributors, who want some bonkers amount of $ for a single VHS (!!!) tape.

I actually liked that film a great deal. It was a good visualization of a lot of Kodwo Eshun's theories about Black Antlanticism and the mythological narratives created in the wake of the slave trade, but that's just IMO.

• i've been wanting to see this for a while, but haven't been able to find a copy online. the criticism above matches up with what i fear it could devolve into if not done properly?
    not to sound like a begging-ass beggar, but anybody wanna hook a dude up with a link?

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
    I'm definitely trying to get a link slid my was as well...

Sounds real dope.

Special Ed check your pm. The description does sound great, but it watches like a college art film, i.e trying to be a lot deeper than it really is. Just my opinion!

Very different subject matter but I enjoyed this one a lot more. It's streaming for free (with limited commercial interruption) and was just on Ovation.

Electric Purgatory, The Fate of the Black Rocker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrdEHvREfdI

"Electric Purgatory is a documentary that examines the struggles of black rock musicians and the industry's ambivalence towards them. Director Raymond Gayle spent the better part of a year traveling around the United States interviewing many of Black Rock's elite including Fishbone, Vernon Reid, Adam Falcon, Jimi Hazel and Cody Chesnutt. Distinguished journalists such as Flip Barnes, Darrell McNeil, Charlie Braxton, and Greg Tate, share their opinions and insight on the dilemma facing these artists"