Shaq and King James? (NBA-r)

waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Wow. It's almost as if Cleveland is a real market now.

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    will this work?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Is it too early to root for the LAL-CLE final that we didn't get this year? Because now the stakes just got raised significantly...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    will this work?

No. Shaq will cause the lane to be more clogged, forcing James to rely far too much on his insane fadeaway jumpshots. And at crunchtime, hack-a-Shaq will throw the Cleveland offense all out of rhythm. James needs a Pippen or even a Kukoc, not a Dampier.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I hope Shaq retires soon. "Big Akron" coming soon.

Two games into the season, it's gonna go like this:

"You know I let the King do everything. He's probably the best guard I've ever played with. I'm just here to get Cleveland the title. Caaaan youuu dig ittt?"

Chemistry-wise, he clogs the lane, and some of the best offense I saw from Cleveland in the regular season was based on ball movement/penetration and all that good stuff. Sure they'll have more of an inside presence to deal with D Howard, but at what cost? Some things they gain, other things they lose.

There's also Boston who should be hungry again.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Look out for a Shaq hip hop revival on Public Square. Shaq-Fu: North Coast Edition.

I can honestly say that the biggest part of this for Cleveland - if not the team, then the city - is the PR.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

Look out for a Shaq hip hop revival on Public Square. Shaq-Fu: North Coast Edition.

I can honestly say that the biggest part of this for Cleveland - if not the team, then the city - is the PR.

The fact that Shaq was traded for Sasha Pavlovic and the staggering corpse of Ben Wallace should tell you exactly how valuable Shaq is at this point (at least in a basketball sense not a PR sense.) Cavs didn't give up much to get him, except for the potential capspace if Ben Wallace retires, and the Suns are admitting that they need to start a rebuilding process.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    breakdown later

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i am suprised but ithink this might be a potentially good combination. Lebron is versatile enough to deal with the clogster

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    We in the Dna Level C welcome "The Big Witness Protection"....

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    this hurts lebron's marketability. in reality, shaq is a bum, but the perception will be that lebron has "help" now. not true.

on the other hand, david stern just had an orgasm picturing a cavs v. lakers final in 2010. kobe v. lebron & shaq.

this hurts lebron's marketability. in reality, shaq is a bum, but the perception will be that lebron has "help" now. not true.

on the other hand, david stern just had an orgasm picturing a cavs v. lakers final in 2010. kobe v. lebron & shaq.

explain how this hurts LeBrons marketability.......as a Cleveland fan Shaq sure looks better than Ben Wallace and Sasha who we traded to get him...as well as the fact that if it doesn't work out Shaq's expiring contract is good trade bait..as well as the fact that it will come off of the books at the end of the year anyway along with Big Z's contract leaving us w/ 30 mill for free agency next summer....

At this point, I think Cleveland should be creating a team that will stay together and gel like The Lakers core.

Shaq is a Win Now move, to please LeBoring.

If the team doesnt grow or Win beyond Shaq once he leaves Leboring/Cavs is gonna be lookin like Wade/Miami, post Shaq.

This move is suspect to me. And desperate Cavs dudes will take anything that's put on their plate right now. Leboring Fans want more Puppet commercials.

Shaq will provide interior offense but he's not going to play 35 mins for 82 games. I dont think that really enuff to get to the Finals or even win against the Lakers, heathy Spurs, or the retooled Denver team.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Worst move evar..for so many reasons

Reason#1: Lebron's ego

Reason#1: Lebron's ego

Shaq is going to pull the same shit he always does.

"No one can stop me in the paint so why isnt the ball coming to me?"

explain how this hurts LeBrons marketability.......

1) it takes away from the fact that the cavs are (and will) be a one-man-team

2) shaq is a physical beast and so is lebron. the two of them together will be Team Goliath.

3) marketability has a lot to do with likability. maybe i'm biased because i think shaq is a tub of garbage, but other than improving lebron's comedy routines, i don't see shaq adding to their fan base. he plays like an old lazy guy who happens to be bigger and stronger than everyone.

explain how this hurts LeBrons marketability.......

1) it takes away from the fact that the cavs are (and will) be a one-man-team

2) shaq is a physical beast and so is lebron. the two of them together will be Team Goliath.

3) marketability has a lot to do with likability. maybe i'm biased because i think shaq is a tub of garbage, but other than improving lebron's comedy routines, i don't see shaq adding to their fan base. he plays like an old lazy guy who happens to be bigger and stronger than everyone.

I dont know a bout the Market critique. Lebron isnt gonna lose any sales in the shoe dept once Shaq joins.

But Shaq got himself in decent shape for the Suns last year.

They shoulda went for Stoudamire.

When more cameras are around Shaq's locker after the games Lebron's ego will kick in

If they don't make the ECF Lebron will leave

Shaq will say something to piss Lebron off..He does it everywhere he goes...nagl if you want #23 to stay

Shaq hasn't played defense in years...Cleveland is a defensive team

Cleveland has to change their offense now..how will Mo adjust?

Cavs needed speed

If they win a championship I doubt Lebron stays

When more cameras are around Shaq's locker after the games Lebron's ego will kick in

Shaq will say something to piss Lebron off..He does it everywhere he goes...nagl if you want #23 to stay

Cavs needed speed

Cavs needed speed

You had me until that last sentence.....so according to you even w/ a championship win LeBron leaves but you also state that if they don't make the ECF he will leave???? Like I previously stated both Shaq's and Big Z's contracts are expiring contracts so they both can be traded at the trade deadline if need be. Also w/ the next off season being one of the biggest off season's as far as free agency is concerned so with both of those two contracts coming off of the books that leaves 30 mill available and we only got rid of Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavolic(sp?) for him.......

And desperate Cavs dudes will take anything that's put on their plate right now.

Yeah you are gotdamn right about that we aint won a damn thing here in Cleveland..

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Worst move evar..for so many reasons

Cleveland = FAIL

And desperate Cavs dudes will take anything that's put on their plate right now.

Yeah you are gotdamn right about that we aint won a damn thing here in Cleveland..

But your gonna whip yourself into a foam at the mouf frenzy cause the NBA has hypnotized u w/ the King bullshit. Lebron still needs a complimentary player, for the playoffs.

I dont think the Cavs are done trading, so well see who they can get rid off and acquire.

But your gonna whip yourself into a foam at the mouf frenzy cause the NBA has hypnotized u w/ the King bullshit. Lebron still needs a complimentary player, for the playoffs.

boston + garnett > lebron + shaq

like I said we aint won shit here so lets see how it goes if it doesn't work fine you trade the expiring contract teams want expiring contracts....if you keep em then you have free cap space to offer during free agency....

boston + garnett > lebron + shaq

yeah Boston dominated the Cavs last year so you know they are gonna do it next yr...

T-Mac-SG and Lebron-SF

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    EMac is never healthy so that would be a dumb move to get him

• Cleveland should have went after Amare! IMO, PF is the answer.