ALOHA AND MAHALO tracks

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
i am sad that i am missing lychee season in hawaii at the moment, but i can't complain. picking those things is one of my favorite all time activities of life. can you guys post some beautiful hawaiian vibrations that you like and help make an aloha thread together? no having to be rarities, i love it all, but i am jonesin for some powerhouse road aloha vectors. i notice no one has put These Trails up ever here though there is much talk about it when you do a search here, so here's a link to download the whole album. cause it's beautiful beautiful and it comes from a sacred beautiful place. aloha and mahalo THESE TRAILS please post sweet hawaiian jamslove, abby

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    cool deal. i'll eat some lychee for you

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Calling John Book!

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    unfuckwittable:

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    THESE TRAILS

Damn, this is really good- I don't know shit about Hawaiian music. I will shamefully admit to dismissing it unilaterally in the past. I need to get schooled. Thanks for this album.

Also are lychees good, I have only had canned ones in very bad desserts?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Dude, AK are you always on vacation?

Has anyone ever done a mix of hawaiian/island jammies? That would be amazing.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

some of my favorite pau hana tunes:

*i swear to god, next muhfucka i hear say "lee-chee" gets stabbed in the f*cking face.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

i'm constantly bullshitting on this. i need to get it done already.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

do iiiiiiiiiit
    i'm constantly bullshitting on this. i need to get it done already.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    Dude, AK are you always on vacation?

Ha!
    funny! actually i'm never not working son. But yes i do travel a lot both for work and otherwise and i always have because i fear routine and death so i have carved out ways to mitigate that and keep things interesting.but i am more workaholic than hedonist by far. thanks for noticing. now please post some musics

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Calling John Book!

I could also put something together for the weekend

• channonchannon 65 Posts

kalapana for dayzzzzzz

• Options
    no having to be rarities, i love it all, but i am jonesin for some powerhouse road aloha vectors.

I stayed on powerhouse road for three nights last month, and had this on constant repeat in the house we rented...

I haven't picked it up yet since I've been home so I can't upload it, but this record is an absolute monster.

these are all so pretty! thank you! this one in particular, well all of them actually. but it seems like DLD'ing is disabled?
    more
    more
    more

and johnbolaya...yes you need to make that mix !!! that is the best idea ! do it do it

• These Dudes. One of the best records ever. (That's the two main members of the group I assume, first time I've ever come across a photo of them).

These Dudes. One of the best records ever. (That's the two main members of the group I assume, first time I've ever come across a photo of them).

who are these dudes please?

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    Great selections R! Thank you for posting a nice mix of traditional and modern. I think the trad stuff often gets overlooked.

I wish I had vinyl ripping capabilities, but I'll try to get something together with what I already have.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    jonesin for some powerhouse road aloha vectors.

Powerhouse Road on Kaua'i? I lived up there for a year.

• rogbrogb 172 Posts

• kuriokurio 13 Posts
    A personal favorite is "Lihue" by Nohelani Cypriano. Phenomenal in so many ways.

Thanks to U-Tern/Pony for introducing it on One Day Later Radio a few years back.

yes.
    that one.
    you are lucky and so am i, it's magical.
    i lived there for a little while too when kaua'i was a much quieter place, about 11 years ago.i had just finished school, kaua'i was in a recession and was still shattered by iniki. my old boyfriends family lives up there on powerhouse road. i was singing with his band and was working for a midwife and also working at the national tropical botanical garden. i love it up there so much.

A personal favorite is "Lihue" by Nohelani Cypriano. Phenomenal in so many ways.

Thanks to U-Tern/Pony for introducing it on One Day Later Radio a few years back.

me too this is on one of my mixes from a couple yrs ago, thanks to trpldbl for putting me on to it. such a nice song

and johnbolaya...yes you need to make that mix !!! that is the best idea ! do it do it

I'm gathering stuff right now.

• rogbrogb 172 Posts

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

yes.
    that one.
    you are lucky and so am i, it's magical.
    i lived there for a little while too when kaua'i was a much quieter place, about 11 years ago.i had just finished school, kaua'i was in a recession and was still shattered by iniki. my old boyfriends family lives up there on powerhouse road. i was singing with his band and was working for a midwife and also working at the national tropical botanical garden. i love it up there so much.

Oh cool, I used to volunteer up at Limahuli every week. I miss it.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

these are all so pretty! thank you! this one in particular, well all of them actually.

it's my favorite track from the hawaiian crate staple, country comfort's "we are the children". randy lorenzo on lead vocals. i'll be going back home next week so i got you if you need a copy.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    Great selections R! Thank you for posting a nice mix of traditional and modern. I think the trad stuff often gets overlooked.

thanks! i know you're sitting on heat. the trad stuff does get overlooked. i think it takes someone who was born & raised in hawaii to fully appreciate it. everytime i watch that gabby & peter vid i posted i get amped. fools dismiss hawaiian music because it's been so heavily exploited. backyard kanikapila is that real shit.

while we're on some kama'aina shit, this is SO real to me:

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Hey R****y, when does the mix drop?

Loving the selections so far! Really helping me out at work today.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Yeah,I'd love to hear a mix, too.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    ha! it's kinda towards the end of a very long to do list! but eventually it'll get done.