Aliens will melt your face!

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Below you see the label of the previoously unknown Psychedelic Aliens 45 I found a few weeks ago. As you can see they called themselves the Magic Aliens for this release.If you dare, click on the label scan and hear a rough recording straight from the original 45. But better sit down first and have a cold beer ready. You'll need it. This is probably the most bad-ass record I've ever found... This track and 5 more will soon be re-issued, on vinyl and CD in beautifully re-mastered, awesome-sounding quality on Academy Records.This is a clipping from the program folder for the 1972 festival "Soul To Soul" courtesy of Uchenna from the always amazing and highly recommended blog With Comb & Razor. The Aliens played this festival alongside such stars as Ike & Tina Turner, Wilson Picket and Santana. Don't waste your money on the film or record of this event as none of the African artists who participated are represented. Malek said that the band was being filmed while they played. Maybe this material is still collecting dust in the vaults of MGM...

Comments

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    "Psycho African Beat"

Indeed

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    WOW!!! This is getting bought for sure. I'll have to wear the shirt I made when I pick it. Great work Frank!!!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    f*cking NASSSSTY TRACK!

I WANT ONE OF THOSE TSHIRTS!!!

- spidey

• Options
    1:35-2:02

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I don't know, man, it's a little over the top.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Fuck you Frank

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Holy shit. Do want.

• magromanmagroman 88 Posts
    put me down for doubles!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Nice, I will cop for sure.

• My three year old son is dancing to it as we speak.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Wow. Finally got a chance to check this. Next level shit. So ill.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    fricking awesome tune

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I don't know, man, it's a little over the top.

no such thing when evaluating african fuzz and farfisa cockpunchers...

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    cockpuncher...

what's that? the new tittyshaker?

cockpuncher...

is this the new tittyshaker?

I hope so. Its my new term for incredibly tough records.

BTW Frank, I found that Dr. Nico 45 I told you I would scan and record for your friend, like 7 months ago..completely forgot about that, sorry.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

This track and 5 more will soon be re-issued, on vinyl and CD in beautifully re-mastered, awesome-sounding quality on Academy Records.

When can we pre-order this?

• indeed

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

This track and 5 more will soon be re-issued, on vinyl and CD in beautifully re-mastered, awesome-sounding quality on Academy Records.

This will probably take a couple of months... we signed contracts for a whole series of very serious releases... can't tell much right now but I still can't really believe what we scored.

There's also going to be a re-issue of the Pax Nicholas LP out on Daptone within the next few weeks, I hope...

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

I'll be working full speed on this, but Frank and I want to make sure it's done right. We'll be getting interviews and photos from band members and we want to make sure the mastering is done right etc. It'll be out in about three months if there are no major snags.

I'll give updates on the Myspace page, and soon Academy Lps will have a new website.

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    holy f#@k

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    BUMP for obvious reasons.

So fuckin stoked to get my grubby little fingers on this boxset.