What Should America Do (NRR)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
If North Korea launches a ballistic missle and it hits Hawaii.I want to hear your views from the rational to the ridiculous.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Arrest and intern all American citizens of Korean descent in case they are 'spies'.
    Call NFL 'hand-egg', make real football the national sport.
    Erect a 100 ft statue of James Brown in Alaska.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    We should have gone in to NK years ago. bomb the shit out of them, then go in and take pyong yang and call it a day.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Arrest and intern all American citizens of Korean descent in case they are 'spies'.
    Call NFL 'hand-egg', make real football the national sport.
    Erect a 100 ft statue of James Brown in Alaska.

That covers the rational.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Raise prices on Hawaiian raers appropriately on the 'bay?

• invade NK using an army of kim jong il lookalikes.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    rename kogi taco truck to Cojon Taco Truck

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    well, we could do what we are supposedly doing for iraq, except the "Nation building" part is already done (south korea) so all we have to do is get rid of the old government, declare the south korean govt the new govt of the whole peninsula and you are done. i'm telling you, its that easy.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Invade a completely unconnected country that has something you want.
    Rename ham and pineapple pizza something retarded like 'Never forget pizza'

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    We should have gone in to NK years ago. bomb the shit out of them, then go in and take pyong yang and call it a day.

Didn't we go into NK years ago and bomb the shit out of them?

I think the appropriate response would depend on whether it was carrying a warhead. Whether the warhead was nuclear.
    Whether any one was killed.

Today NK has not shown that their missiles have the accuracy to hit a tiny target like Hawaii, much less a specific site such as Honolulu.

I guess what ever happens I would call for sanctions against NK.
    See how they like that!

So Rock, what do you think we should do?

If it happens I'm certain all this comedy will turn into critiques.

• Retaliate in kind.

I think the appropriate response would depend on whether it was carrying a warhead. Whether the warhead was nuclear.

Today NK has not shown that their missiles have the accuracy to hit a tiny target like Hawaii, much less a specific site such as Honolulu.

See how they like that!

Shouldn't make a difference if it's a nuclear warhead or not, the very action of launching that missile is a slap in the face to the International community.... even Russia and China agree on that.

No one believes they have the ability to hit Honolulu.

The U.N. has already placed sanctions against NK so if they go through with this it's pretty apparent sanctions don't phase them.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    wait, you said Hawaii right?

In that case, F*ck it. who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

*sigh*
    if only they had the technology to reach San Diego....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    People completely misinterpret the threat that North Korea poses.

1) The main goal of the North Korean government is self-preservation. That's especially touchy now because the leader Kim is sick and possibly dying and there might be a power struggle. His son is supposed to take over as he did for his dad, but the military may not like him.

Basically North Korea has nukes and missiles as a way to tell the international community to leave it alone so that the government can continue. They are not going to launch missiles at anyone anytime soon.

2) The REAL threat of North Korea is that they are piss poor with thousands, perhaps millions of their people starving because the government is incompetent and corrupt. They partake in all kinds of illegal activities to generate money including forging U.S. currency and drug running. They have also sold their missile and nuclear technology to other countries. They sold an almost complete nuclear facility to Syria for example, which got bombed in 08. That's the REAL threat North Korea poses, that they will give some of their technology to another country which is anti-American.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

*sigh*
    if only they had the technology to reach San Diego....

the smog from LA and TJ makes us hard to target, so we are safe.

They are not going to launch missiles at anyone anytime soon.

So you think that this is all bluster and no missile will be launched as speculated by some?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

"The order to inderdict[/b] has not been given yet, but the ship is getting into position."

Making up news stories isn't enough for them anymore, foxnews are now making up a words as well.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Send all of our most violent prison inmates to NK on cargo ships.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

i do

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

So you think that this is all bluster and no missile will be launched as speculated by some?

It would mean retaliation and the end of their government. They are just blowing smoke like they always do.

It would mean retaliation and the end of their government. They are just blowing smoke like they always do.

I hope you're right.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

See how they like that!

Shouldn't make a difference if it's a nuclear warhead or not, the very action of launching that missile is a slap in the face to the International community.... even Russia and China agree on that.

The U.N. has already placed sanctions against NK so if they go through with this it's pretty apparent sanctions don't phase them.

See how they like that!

Not sure....for now I'm gonna hope Motown's assessment is correct.

And now I'm out the door for a 2 week digging road trip and will be home just in time for the fireworks.......Mid-West better lock up your raers.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Kill them with kindness!
    Bomb them with grocery packages on parachutes.
    Millions of iPods containing new Hollywood movies.
    Crates of Jelly Beans and Potato Chips.
    Kegs of Coca Cola.
    Bundles of salamis.
    Ribs and chicken wings.

Their government then could no longer afford to act hostile towards the Western world.

I'm sure this would not only be much more effective but also cheaper than any conventional bombing.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Kill them with kindness!
    Kegs of Coca Cola.
    Bundles of salamis.
    Ribs and chicken wings.

Their government then could no longer afford to act hostile towards the Western world.

I'm sure this would not only be much more effective but also cheaper than any conventional bombing.

I like a combo of this and Reynaldo's suggestion, drop the ipods AND the inmates.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Kill them with kindness!
    Kegs of Coca Cola.
    Bundles of salamis.
    Ribs and chicken wings.

damn, i'd totally bomb hawaii for that goodie bag.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Surrender and just let the chips fall where they may. This whole "Earth" thing was a stupid idea from the get-go