Has anyone upgraded to iphone OS 3.0 today

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
If so what is the verdict? I plan on doing the upgrade when I get home from work today....let me know how it's working for you so far...

Comments

• edubedub 715 Posts
    no biggie. Copy paste, and voice memos are the only obvious additions - I haven't used either one yet.

The download was fast (about 230MB, I think?) - took about 5 mins on T1 at work.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    http://gizmodo.com/5294153/what-do-you-think-of-iphone-os-30

Debating whether or not its worth the $9.99 for my Touch. Probably will wait until I get the new iPhone 3GS in a couple days/weeks.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Just did mine. Looking forward to having cut and paste and the landscape keyboard. The added Spotlight Search screen threw me off at first but I'm sure I'll like having that too.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The best part is tethering. While I was able to do it when I jailbroke my phone. It seems much cleaner to do now. Plus, bonus that my cell phone provider lets us do it with no extra cost.

The shake thing was driving me a bit crazy with shuffling music while I'm running or something.

Here is a good article on some of the updates.

http://www.ismashphone.com/2009/06/how_to_use_best_40_features_of_iphone_3.html

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I heard people had difficulties uploading 3.0 to their phones. Anyone have this experience

• im drunk..

upgrading now.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    worked for me, took a while tho

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Was fast here in Australia on ADSL/2 a stones throw away from the exchange. Haven't f'd with it, but it moved all my icons around.... hmmmpppphhhh.... also had to re-enter my number, etc.

• could it be more pointless...

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I just got home and it is currently downloading.......

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    could it be more pointless...

i have a suspicion that you don't even own a ipod touch or iphone.... am I correct??

Man downloading the upgrade took a minute damn ATT U Verse internet connection. So if I am right the video program/ ability is for the phone coming out Friday? I hope that I am wrong....

Copy and Paste is awesome!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I heard people had difficulties uploading 3.0 to their phones. Anyone have this experience

I've avoided most of these kind of problems on mine, so I figure I'm due for a fiasco. I'm waiting a day or two until the waves of "there's a bunch of bugs!" and the subsequent "We've fixed the bugs!" pass.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i had no problem ( i had to reboot itunes) but my coworkers phone is now a paperweight: he did not make it through the install and his phone locked on the 'connect to itunes' screen. when he does, itunes says the phone needs to be 'resored' so he attempts this and itunes then trys to 'restore' 3.0 which does not work, this is an eternal loop.

he tried to roll back and cannot. we tried on a mac, a powerbook a mac air, a pc and a dell laptop.

no joy.

he called apple support who told him to call his provider (T-mobile) who told him this is happening to thousands of users, they are collecting the user stories and will forward to Apple.

NOT GOOD.

but yeah, it worked on mine.

i would recommend waiting a week or so.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Mine upgraded fine, but my friend was not so lucky...has to wait a week to get it fixed.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    no problems here. took a good 10-15 minutes for it to fully DL and boot. the cut and paste is pretty dope, but that should have been a given from the get go. landscape typing - too late. i'm used to typing with it vertical at this point. spotlight is useful.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I'm liking the update so far. Everything seems to run a little faster. Cut and paste is taking a little getting used to but it works fine.

I like that I can now attach 5 photos to an email. I use Flickr and have an email address that I can send to for uploading to the web. Sending individual emails for uploading a bunch was kind of a pain before. The outgoing email, even with 5 attached photos, seems to send out a lot faster now too.

They added the ability to invite attendees to meeting requests / calendar entries now too. That was another previous annoyance while connecting to Exchange. Before, anytime I wanted to setup a meeting an invite anyone I would have to go into my Outlook and do it.

The search function is pretty fast too. I was afraid that the indexing to make it work would slow things down but that isn't the case at all.

• could it be more pointless...

i have a suspicion that you don't even own a ipod touch or iphone.... am I correct??

nope..

got a 3g i-celly.

the landscape text and the percentage battery meter is good the rest i weak

EDIT: and cut and paste

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    -Copy and Paste is not weak.
    -Voice memos and forward-able text messages are cool, too.
    -And I prefer landscape, so I'm stoked about that, too.
    -Maps locating feature is also vastly improved on my 1st Gen iPhone.

Pretty big jump forward if you ask me.

-Copy and Paste is not weak.
    -Voice memos and forward-able text messages are cool, too.
    -And I prefer landscape, so I'm stoked about that, too.
    -Maps locating feature is also vastly improved on my 1st Gen iPhone.

Pretty big jump forward if you ask me.[/b]

It makes me wonder what next year's model will bring. I'm sure a new design is in the works.

Anyway, I have less than a month to go before my current contract is up and am getting extremely antsy on signing up.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I've synched my phone several times today and yesterday and no 3.0 upgrade. what's the deal?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    nevermind got it

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The search function is cool BUT what's up with no email text searching? That seems kind of weak (and odd).

The search function is cool BUT what's up with no email text searching? That seems kind of weak (and odd).

That is pretty lame. I guess they needed to leave room for improvement for the next device they release.

• Where's the function where you press a button and shitloads of scantily clad bitches fall out of this shit.

Not impressed.

Where's the function where you press a button and shitloads of scantily clad bitches fall out of this shit.

Not impressed.

your comedy is far more impressive

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

That is pretty lame. I guess they needed to leave room for improvement for the next device they release.

You still can't search for e-mails? Weak.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

You still can't search for e-mails? Weak.

You can search for emails; the content within is unsearchable.

I get kinda sick of shitting on the iPhone. "It can't copy and paste? Piece of shit!" Whenever I'm on the road, people with blackberries are asking me to look something up, do this, book that, make a reservation, etc. Once your apps game gets up, that phone is pretty top notch.

It may not be perfect; but, it is far and away the best on the market.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    KK: I feel you but I think it's legitimate to ask why it's so difficult to get *simple* features included. It's not like I'm asking the iPhone to do something crazy - searching the *text* of an email doesn't sound like it'd be too hard to do.