Do you have a scrap book?

chasechase 767 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
I was watching Girls Next Door and Hugh was showing the girls his scrap book room, dude had thousands! I really wish I would had taken more time to try to preserve old flyers, stickers, pics, etc.who is taking care of there memories?

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    When I was a kid, I did. There's some water damage, but in it are some stickers of radio stations I used to listen to, those mini-LP covers that came with the bubble gum that looked like records, classified ads I made for records and tapes I wanted when I was 11 or 12, small things. Now I have boxes and tubs of junk in storage that I probably would put in a scrapbook if I was into that stuff. At least now I can scan and trash, but I haven't taken time to do that.

So somewhere in storage, I have an open bag (no chips) of 98 Rock potato chips made by Yick Lung (a cracked seed company) for the 50th State Fair; an old bag of Famous Amos cookies, the "Da Kine" variety (which was their regular cookie but with macadamia nuts. Amos now sells these cookies under his Chip & Cookie brand:

); and a bunch of other stuff.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I used to have a couple when I was a youth. But during the last move (which was about 7 years ago), they somehow, were misplaced and been on the hunt for them ever since. Tickets to games, movie tickets, photos, old drawings from friends and what not.
    So it was a dissapointment to see them go "ghost" and with no clue where..oh well.

I do have several photos, decals and whatnot, but no real scrap book.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    they're called "blogs" now...

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I don't have scrap books per se, but I've got shoe boxes and shoe boxes full of various items that have some sort of meaning. Stickers, posters, tickets, pictures, magazine clippings, buttons, buffalo fur.. the usual stuff you'd expect.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I've kept several scrapbooks since 1987. It was originally a way to save good articles from bad magazines, the same way people used to tape the good tracks from bad albums that they would later sell or get rid of. Since then, it has expanded to include pictures, flyers, and other random mementoes.

Looking back now, I like my "scraps" because they're almost like time capsules. There's maybe one or two items that haven't stood the test of time - "now why the hell did I want to save THAT?" - but they're pretty accurate records of where I was at the time the book was being compiled.

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    I don't have scrap books per se, but I've got shoe boxes and shoe boxes full of various items that have some sort of meaning. Stickers, posters, tickets, pictures, magazine clippings, buttons, buffalo fur.. the usual stuff you'd expect.

I'm the same, I've got a few shoe boxes full of random stuff that has no significance to anyone other than myself.

If my house were on fire these would be the first things I went for.