Weeeeekday finds june 8th-12th

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Rainy tuesday afternoon find:

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Wow, never seen that Fela!

Got a copy of Pete la Roca's "Basra" in the mail for a good price. Cover has minor wear, but wax is mint. Very pleased. Great album to sit down with.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Rainy tuesday afternoon find:

when it rains it pours obviously!!

• Yeah, Deshawn is killing it with the finds in Denmark. Upski, are you sleeping?

Dress

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Yeah, Deshawn is killing it with the finds in Denmark. Upski, are you sleeping?

Dress

wassup homie, from this weekend, Hoola Bandoola Band and rockabilly records for dayzzzzzzz, no floor pics though, sorry!

Just uploaded an entry for this weeks beat battle over at the Stones Throw board, check: http://drop.io/stmbbattle119

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    No pictures from me, but a few of them have been recorded.

Center Stage "Hey Lady"

Ramona King "I Choose You"

Josephine Taylor "What Is Love?"

Sherry Grooms "Take Away the Memories"

Center Stage "Everyday's a Fantasy"

Ramona King "A Few Years Later"

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    found this for $2 on my lunchbreak - you know the spot Loko!

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

Still sealed!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

Still sealed!

damn, i need those tarika blues

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Just won this one--I'm stoked

"Baila Pa Yo Mirar"

"Chaleco"

"Tres Pata"

• Rainy tuesday afternoon find:

"confusion" is one of my favorite fela tracks. nice find.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    "confusion" is one of my favorite fela tracks. nice find.

"Confusion" is a on a different Fela LP (which is also called "Confusion").
    It was paired with "Gentleman" on the CD release.
    But yeah, that's a great track too.

Re: Dres:
    Upski, are you sleeping?

Uboo got a head start on the outdoor season when I didn't have time to hit the fleas saturday and sunday morning, so he's been all alone with the Buddy Holly collectors and hipsters looking for Technotronic LPs. Like taking candy from a kid. But now I'm back on the prowl and I'll be breathing down his neck all summer.

Crusties, beware

Don't worry R*s, you can have the schlager records

b/w

Let's get together for a and a in the sun soon... :

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    continuing to get access to some fairly heavy collections, this pile includes pulls from a soul pile (continued from last week) that is just chock full of the titles you hope will be in a good soul collection! And in immaculate condition to boot, for most of them. never seen copies this clean of some of these. also some rock/psyche from a different collection.

^^"Colt 45... Works every time!"

^^ sealed mono red crayola

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Gentleman is one of the rarer Fela titles, and a personal favorite. Good job.

Anyone who's into Fela should check it out...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    excited by this find, I cant find any info on it...great, funky, raw, tittyshaker piano combo thingy. I am assuming this is the same dianne price that plays the brunch jazz circuit here in Memphis...

• excited by this find, I cant find any info on it...great, funky, raw, tittyshaker piano combo thingy. I am assuming this is the same dianne price that plays the brunch jazz circuit here in Memphis...

First double penetration related 45 I've ever seen..

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    karlaphone, just ridiculous man

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Nice Fella find...great album, I found that on Creole rec's a while back, anyone know when the Creole one was released? On the afro tip, this is one I've been looking for for a Long time, and finally copped this week:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Damn Karlo, nice haul! Even got my avatar in there

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Keepers from the last two weeks.

The Distral LPs are compilations put out by a Colombian producer of storage tanks for the oil & chemicals industry. There are some great cumbia tracks on these (and a lot of crap). It seems like a lot of companies in South America (Colombia, Peru and Ecuador in particular) put out their own comps back in the 70's. I've got about ten.

Unknown (to me at least) - really nice Christian fuzz 7" with LSD references (flip is called "Green Power") which I found in North Carolina. I don't think they're related to the Put Your Hand in the Hand" Ocean but I could be wrong. Any info appreciated. No sound clips yet sorry.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Keepers from the last two weeks.

I enjoy that Mubarak lp.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

is that wilbur niles worth anything of note?

Was only able to check side 1 over my lunch break today. I've only heard the McNeal & Niles reissue and "Thrust Too" and it sounds a lot like "Thrust Too." You can tell he's still going for the same sort of sound, though it was released in 1983 and has a real smooth feel to it. I think there were at least two tracks that I liked, otherwise seemed enjoyable for what I heard.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    local finds. suprised the Greg Waters doesnt get more attention. glad to have it back in my collection

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

Was only able to check side 1 over my lunch break today. I've only heard the McNeal & Niles reissue and "Thrust Too" and it sounds a lot like "Thrust Too." You can tell he's still going for the same sort of sound, though it was released in 1983 and has a real smooth feel to it. I think there were at least two tracks that I liked, otherwise seemed enjoyable for what I heard.

what about $$-wise?

(i picked this up a few weeks ago too - felt the same way you did: one or two solid tracks, the rest didn't knock me out)

what about $$-wise?

(i picked this up a few weeks ago too - felt the same way you did: one or two solid tracks, the rest didn't knock me out)

No idea. Listened to the rest though, pretty good for '83

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It's not worth shit for $$$.

• It's not worth anything, maybe $8.