• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    thought this was gonna be shig related.

too twitter

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Grandpas have needs too.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    thought this was gonna be shig related.

On that note:

"(530): shit pants at work. discarded underwear.
    (1-530): just showed this text to the guy at west elm. luckily we did not stool ourselves in the midst of the ensuing hilarity. so you're commando now?
    (530): yep! most awkward part is that i was a few feet away from a client, talking and looking him in the eye. i've never stooled while looking someone directly in the eye."

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    jokes on you. my computer is nowhere near the living room!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    This website is a major timesuck.

Search, "when you wish upon a star," to find my favorite.

• I just assumed a good portion of everything on there was fake?

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    That opens a can of worms...

The assumption that 90% of what is funny on the internet is fake.

First off, let's say it is... if it makes you laugh, does that make it any less funny?

Secondly, why must everything be fake? I've had shitty/weird drunken nights like half of those posts, and can believe the other half. Some of the texts may be fake, but there is very little in there (eg., young people getting drunk/smoking weed/having sex) that seems, "unbelievable".

• I've definitely had drunken crazy random shit happen as well, but it just seems as if it's easier to make shit up than to actually document some crazy shit. I'm not saying everything on there fake, but the system seems easy to abuse. Generally with the internet, that breeds abuse.

And yeah, I think if it's fake, it does make it less funny. I'll laugh at the funny texts regardless but to me, authenticity is an important factor in humor.

Not hating on the site and I see your point, just saying.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Grandpas have needs too.

if el abuelo can still get it up, that should be celebrated (and I would be happy if it was my grand dad cus its would be a good sign of my own potetial long life vitality!)

Although I dont know if Id want to walk in on the act....

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    it just seems as if it's easier to make shit up than to actually document some crazy shit. I'm not saying everything on there fake, but the system seems easy to abuse.

Geez, are you the dude pointing out how a joke doesnt REALLY make sense when everyone else is laughing?

it just seems as if it's easier to make shit up than to actually document some crazy shit. I'm not saying everything on there fake, but the system seems easy to abuse.

Geez, are you the dude pointing out how a joke doesnt REALLY make sense when everyone else is laughing?

Because shit is funnier when it's real. It's not that a joke isn't funny, but the site is supposed to be real.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Because shit is funnier when it's real. It's not that a joke isn't funny, but the site is supposed to be real.

I dunno, I think we're gonna have to analyze humor some more before I can make a final decision on whether to laugh or not.

Also, you guys should go to this thread asap, there may be people laughing at stuff that didn't actually happen. Go quick!

I dunno, I think we're gonna have to analyze humor some more before I can make a final decision on whether to laugh or not.

Also, you guys should go to this thread asap, there may be people laughing at stuff that didn't actually happen. Go quick!

Ummm, where on the site did it say that it is a joke website? Or even supposed to be humorous?

It's a site of texts. So, presumably they're real. Nothing in there implies anything about funny.

So, real trumps funny.

Aside from that, you know exactly what we mean, so stop being a dick.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I didn't even bother looking at the site after the first few entries b/c I assumed most of it was fake.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    so stop being a dick.

hahahah, you've gotten funnier lately.... am I the only one that thinks so?

so stop being a dick.

hahahah, you've gotten funnier lately.... am I the only one that thinks so?

It's because eventually the idiocy overtakes your mind and you find yourself arguing with a 90 pound 40 year old about how they need to calm down about their underwear.

I need a job.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What seems more plausible?

A bunch of dudes, sitting around, trying to invent fake Twitter posts?

Or a bunch of dudes, sitting around, reading the Twitter feed (or having Twitter feeds sent to them) and then reposting?

The latter seems >>> more likely a scenario.

I mean, do people think the folks at this site are photoshopping shit?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    F*ck, operation next sex victim is on as soon as i get back. Do not sleep with that red head, nobody likes accidental ginger babies.

• What seems more plausible?

A bunch of dudes, sitting around, trying to invent fake Twitter posts?

Or a bunch of dudes, sitting around, reading the Twitter feed (or having Twitter feeds sent to them) and then reposting?

The latter seems >>> more likely a scenario.

I think they both seem plausible?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Comedians lie about their scenarios too.
    People lighten up.

• haha, it's not like anyone is all up in arms about it. and as i said earlier, i'm not hating on the site... just curious what folks thoughts are.

Comedians lie about their scenarios too.
    People lighten up.

Of course they do! Shit is funny either way. But I think things are funnier when they actually happened as opposed to being made up.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I didn't check out the site but I was once at a football match in Bermuda (Bermuda vs. Trinidad) and an old guy behind me in the stands was beating off. We moved to another section pronto.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Soccer is really exciting!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Soccer is really exciting!

Sayin'. It's common practice if you're watching a match in the lower leagues in the UK to whack one out into your styrofoam coffee cup during second half action. Helps the pie digest.