have you had STITCHES?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
youngEINSTEIN Said:yes. about 40 in my back recovering from melanoma(skin cancer) about 6 years ago.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    4 times.... all when i was 12 or younger

-forehead, chin, lower arm, and the back of my head

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    mouth,
    head,
    gash on arm.

answer: YES.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Two on my thumb, from trying to cut open a golf ball with a pocket-knife when I was nine.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Once on the inside of my left knee, fell from a chair onto a Lego when I was 3-4 and straight burst the skin.

Once again on the outside of my left knee, f/s lipslide on a snowboard gone wrong. Touched my own bone before I realized I was hurt. Stitches and a leg brace for a month and a half to make sure I didn't bend it and reopen the wound.

• Of course (though, not as dramatic as you, Einstein). About 20+ between my toes from kicking a bag of tash with tons of broken glass.

Cracked my head open falling head fist off 5 steps head first on concrete when I was a shorty.

Caught a headbutt playing ball that requird 8=10 or so.

A few on the hand

some others i'm forgetting, im sure.

Oh..on my ear, too...and more recently SHOULD have gotten (but didn't) some on the same ear but at the top after a hard as hell hook to it (uexpected sucker punch) during a shitty ass unsucessful attempt at a robbery. He thought he was gonna drop me, but he fucked the punch up and got the ear instead of the temple/face. But that one was my fault, I knew I was at the wrong place at the wrong time..so I was slipping.

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    never.
    had a butterfly clip above my lip instead when i was 5 or 6 because my next door neighbour through a sharp metal grate at me for getting attention from her kittens on her birsday.
    my brothers and i threw rotten eggs at the side (other side) of their house in retaliation.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    6 above my left eye. Sophmore year of highschool, "slam dancing" accident at a school dance. Being a spaz is more like it, but this dude's skull hit my temple and it pretty much popped right open. I bent down to help the guy up and blood POURED out. I then got dizzy and my friends drove me to the ER in a white mustang convertible, which I bled all over. Being high school kids they pretty much let me out, called my folks and bailed back to the dance. Only stitches I ever had to get.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    4 different times...chin, top of the head, next to eye, and between my toes.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    4 on top of head - big wheel accident
    13 in right arm - fell into a rusty piece of metal
    ??? three left ear surgeries - i got issues
    12 in middle of lower back - back surgery in 07
    10 in middle front gums - was missing some gum tissue back when i was a teen

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Chin and forehead. I first got stitches when I was 5; the idea that the doctor was going to sew me up with a needle and thread freaked me out.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Both Nuts

• 42 down the side of my neck. Slipped in the bathroom and grabbed the towel bar to keep from falling. It ripped out of the wall and sliced my neck on the way down. 5th grade.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    good grief!

Yup ??? earliest memory related:
    Being the youngest, smallest and only girl cousin, I got more than my share of abuse. My cousins slammed a wrought-iron gate on my pinky finger, I don???t remember that, but I do remember sitting with my back to a window in white-tiled doctor???s office bawling my head off as I watched him sew it up. It???s disfigured to this day and you can see the bandage on my finger in my 2nd birthday party photos. Assh*les.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    3 in my head
    3 on my chin
    3 under my left foot

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    3 Staples in my head - car accident
    12 in my wrist - broke it skateboarding
    8 in my hip - replace bone in my wrist

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Childhood Surgery (Kidney)=stitches
    Hit my chin on pool coping (Swimming)=stitches
    Adult Surgery (hernia)=stitches
    Ankle surgery(skateboarding)=staples/pins/bar

I think that's all.

I broke my shoulder blade and collar bone at the same time skating. It was my first drop in attempt on a half pipe (haha). No cast, just a sling.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    5 different times..

knee, leg, face, face, ear

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    hope im not the only one to have caught stitches while playing a show (non beef related)...i was playing records at this shitty lil dive bar where there was a speaker cabinet or something built into the roof above the booth and i didnt even see it and when i went to change the first record i stood up right into it and it knocked me right on my ass...thankfully not that many people were at the spot but i remember hearing this dude laugh and i put my hand to the top of my head and when i looked at my hand it was covered in blood and then my head started leaking like crazy and i saw the kids face and he went from laughing to almost puking so i new it had to be pretty bad looking...fucked up thing was no one from the bar even came to see if i was alright, i went to the washroom to try to clean it right away cus the place was such a dive i was scared of getting some kind of infection...anyways when i left the bathroom it looked like someone got killed in there! the worst was at the hospital, the nurses are all like "so your the guy that was dancing to hard" and all this shit, cracking jokes..i ended up getting sutures for a 8 cm gash that was horizontal across my head. i thought it would be a lot more painful, but it was just weird feeling them tighten up my scalp. i also have broken my elbow, wrist, leg, and nose as it seems we are counting these now too!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Got quite a few from when I was a kid (know your limitations related) but most dramatic were probably a load on the left hand side of my head from when I was 12 and left at home with my brother for the first time.

We decided to play football in the living room, he flicked up a high ball, and I went for a diving header.
    Forgot about the never-used 10th hand piano in the corner and connected with that rather than the ball.

Didn't feel any pain and thought I was ok till I looked up and saw my brother's "Oh shit" expression and realised i had blood gushing down the side of my head. Had to get the neighbours to drive me to a&e where my parents, suitably freaking out, joined me and my increasingly guilty looking brother.

Had to spend the rest of the night in A&E surrounded by dozens of kids with their hands in bowls of water (it was bonfire night). Still got the scar.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    About 11 in my hands. Fell on a glass bottle on a glass picnic in 6th grade.