charles hamilton (go away related)

macacamacaca 278 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
VIA 2DOPEBOYZ:Now??? I???m sitting in my local Subway and I start seeing a few Twitter messages involving Charles Hamilton and his executive producer credit to J Dilla on his upcoming album. Quite a few Detroit folks took that the wrong way (and rightfully so). Anyways??? this sparked a lot of back and forth between Charles, Hex, HouseShoes, etc. I can???t be bothered to grab links for every message but if you browse Twitter enough you???ll find the story. Anyways, Charles keeps thinking its cute to be sarcastic and talk shit to any and everybody online. It???s turned out ok with some and maybe he really thinks he can get away with everything he says. But I???ll say it now, you???re dead wrong Charles. Hoping the adjective in that sentence never comes true either. A lot of the folks your talking reckless to are serious people. I???ll leave names, and links out of it as it should be known or can be found out who I???m referring to. The fact that after your conversation with SweeneyKover (in which you talk about your relationship with Ma Dukes, Illa J, etc) and that you???re lies get shot the F*ck down by HouseShoes (and that the J Dilla Music Foundation hasn???t existed for quite some time) is quite ridiculous. I understand publicity stunts in some occassions but this is f*cking stupid. You???re messing with the wrong type of people and I don???t think it will turn out pretty. Heed the warning Mr. Hamilton, Detroit doesn???t F*ck around.UPDATE: Since I see folks claiming Charles never said Dilla was Executive Producing the album??? here???s a nice little quote from Charles himself???"Yeah, James Yancey EPd the album. That was my sound consultant. Google it, come back here and doubt it. Ma Dukes, I gotchu."

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I am sure you're familiar with him jacking a Black Spade beat and claiming it his own.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Not to say that I am a ghostbuster, but I do believe in being guided by spirits who have expertise in whatever field you are trying to excel in. Dilla virtually mastered the vintage sound. Prayer, meditation and belief in God allowed me to have a STRICTLY PARANORMAL relationship with Dilla[/b], to master the album. Because of how deep the feeling was, how real the experience was, and his influence on my music, the right thing for me to do was to repay him.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Im gonna splow this dude way harder than that chick if I ever see him

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I've never even heard of this dude until today.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've never even heard of this dude until today.

Macaca?

• I've never even heard of this dude until today.

Macaca?