Larry Brown@ Knicks!!!

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Im wondering how long it will take Brown to make the Knicks a serious playoff threat? Any Philly fans out there that can give a breakdown on how fast the 76ersturned the corner. Brown totally revitalized my Pacers and we haven't left the playoffs since. He definitely gonna gut this team and get some cats he prefers. ps. Does Isaiah look like the man now?

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    *SIGH*

Larry comes and Larry goes...it's just something you have to expect from him. The Knicks will be a serious challenge for LB, one that I'm not completely sure that he'll be able to put up with. However, the staff surrounding him is loyal, they will no doubt be much better than last year. Especially with a few of their new acquisitions in the off season.

The best part of this, for me at least, is that a relative of mine gets to keep his job. The burner has been under this franchise for many years and the hire of LB will give them their best chance to show and prove.

And from a Pistons fan perspective, I'm not mad at anybody. Let Larry do his nomad thing and move on to new challenges. In the end, we got Flip instead of defaulting to GAAARR HEEEARD, eww. I just wish Larry would have kept is tounge in his mouth about leaving my squad before it was proper to do so. That's not "playing the right way" to me, at all.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I will say this: The current Knicks roster will be completely different in a year or two. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs Tyrone Hill and Derick Coleman as your starting 4 and 5.

-e

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    *SIGH*

Larry comes and Larry goes...it's just something you have to expect from him. The Knicks will be a serious challenge for LB, one that I'm not completely sure that he'll be able to put up with. However, the staff surrounding him is loyal, they will no doubt be much better than last year. Especially with a few of their new acquisitions in the off season.

The best part of this, for me at least, is that a relative of mine gets to keep his job. The burner has been under this franchise for many years and the hire of LB will give them their best chance to show and prove.

And from a Pistons fan perspective, I'm not mad at anybody. Let Larry do his nomad thing and move on to new challenges. In the end, we got Flip instead of defaulting to GAAARR HEEEARD, eww. I just wish Larry would have kept is tounge in his mouth about leaving my squad before it was proper to do so. That's not "playing the right way" to me, at all.

When dude jets (which he will with the Knicks) he does so in an ugly way.

TRACK RECORD

And when he up and leaves the lovely Shelly Brown like that?

Catch me creeping like Zeke, right on up to her doorstep.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I'm tired of dude. He will make them better but they're still garbage. As long as he lets Nate do his thizzle, I have no problem with him.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Also, be prepared for passive aggressive vilifying of and blame-shifting onto the team's most beloved player.

-e

passive aggressive

Otherwise, soon to be known around the world as being a "cattywhompus."

Spread the word.

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    I hate to say it but the Knicks are still gonna stink. Larry might get em in the playoffs but guaranteed 1st round TKO.....

When are they gonna realize Jamal Crawford is not that dope and Starbury can't play defense for shit.

Go Bulls!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    When are they gonna realize Jamal Crawford is not that dope

• parenparen 537 Posts
    fuck larry brown.

• i'm not a huge fan of larry brown. i think he doesn't accept enough of the blame when things don't go his way, and i still can't believe how much he got let off the hook for benching lebron, dwayne wade, and amare stoudemire during the olympics. (if you had to choose an olympic team all over again after this past season those three would probably 3 of your 5 starters). he also doesn't get held to task for his outright unprofessionalism. but whatever - it was the best move isiah could have made given the coaching market and who was realistically going to come coach here, and he played his cards brilliantly. just having a name that will revitalize the franchise was important. and i honestly do think larry will stay for the duration of his contract - no way he's walking on that kind of money, because he won't be able to get it elsewhere.

but like jake said ... as long as he lets the young boys do their thing and doesn't try to slow things down too much in the halfcourt set i'll be fine. we've got some good young horses and i want to see them run ... nate

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    the thing that is kind of funny is if larry brown had stayed at any of the places he has been over the years he would have crazy dynasties under his belt: ucla, kansas, indiana, detroit. he is his own worst enemy.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    dont forget the la clippers.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Larry Brown is just the 1st part of the master plan. After this season- LEBRON JAMES GOES TO NEW YORK. It's all being set up right now, mark my words. Stern wants it, Nike wants it, the tv networks want it. Lebron will still be a young dude, though, so hopefully his three years of NBA experience will keep Larry from sonning him too harshly, as Larry loves to do to young players.

I used to respect Larry Brown, but now I think it's pretty apparent to everyone that this dude is a massive cock.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Larry Brown is one of THE best coaches in probably NBA history. I mean the guy got the Clippers into the playoffs!!!

Having said that, the man has absolutely NO LOYALTY to whatever team he's with, which is why he's bounced around. He'll be talking about "playing the right way" and "sharing the ball" and how he "loves" his players, and then he'll start talking to another team.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Im wondering how long it will take Brown to make the Knicks a serious playoff threat?

new york who?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    it's pretty apparent to everyone that this dude is a selfish and egotistical asshole[/b].

the man has absolutely NO LOYALTY to whatever team he's with, which is why he's bounced around. He'll be talking about "playing the right way" and "sharing the ball" and how he "loves" his players, and then he'll start talking to another team.

Uses all the correct rhetoric: coachin' fraternity, Tar Heel family, etc., etc. - it's all an act to facilitate the world of Larry Brown... He'll knife you in the back if it means him gettin' ahead - not to be trusted...

Larry Brown is one of THE best coaches in probably NBA history.
    Cosign.
    Larry Brown is a franchise rebuilder. Cats cant hate.

• Larry Brown is just the 1st part of the master plan. After this season- LEBRON JAMES GOES TO NEW YORK. It's all being set up right now, mark my words. Stern wants it, Nike wants it, the tv networks want it.

could you explain this one? i only ask because we new york fans have heard this about every marquee free agent for years and we all know by now that it's complete bullshit. (remember when kobe was going to take the MLE to play here and nike would make up the difference?) nike and lebron don't need new york to make money.

I used to respect Larry Brown, but now I think it's pretty apparent to everyone that this dude is a massive cock.

yeah, that's kind of where i stand. dude is an egomaniacal drama queen and for all the shit he talks about doing things 'the right way' he conducts his own business like an asshole.

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    Larry Brown is just the 1st part of the master plan. After this season- LEBRON JAMES GOES TO NEW YORK. It's all being set up right now, mark my words. Stern wants it, Nike wants it, the tv networks want it. Lebron will still be a young dude, though, so hopefully his three years of NBA experience will keep Larry from sonning him too harshly, as Larry loves to do to young players.

I disagree...he will be part of the Brooklyn Nets when they come to fruitation and his contract is up in 2007. How do I know? Just take a look at the recent XXL cover with Jay-Z plus he throws up the diamonds during games. Their friends and soon to be business partners if not already. Of course if he moves to a major market, he makes more $ with endorsements. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped to Reebok as well when the Nike thing is done but probably much less likely as he is the marqee guy there.

Larry Brown is just the 1st part of the master plan. After this season- LEBRON JAMES GOES TO NEW YORK. It's all being set up right now, mark my words. Stern wants it, Nike wants it, the tv networks want it.

could you explain this one? i only ask because we new york fans have heard this about every marquee free agent for years and we all know by now that it's complete bullshit. (remember when kobe was going to take the MLE to play here and nike would make up the difference?) nike and lebron don't need new york to make money.

The Knicks are going to have to gut this team if the NBA wants Lebron in NY.I dont know if that's real or rumour. I 've heard this claim as well. The Cap space would have to be cleared the fuck out, cause LeBron is going to break the bank.

• The Knicks are going to have to gut this team if the NBA wants Lebron in NY.I dont know if that's real or rumour. I 've heard this claim as well. The Cap space would have to be cleared the fuck out, cause LeBron is going to break the bank.

which is next to impossible. even if the knicks bought out the contracts they already have that money would still count against the cap. the only way to do it would be to trade the majority of their for players for expiring contracts, and that just isn't going to happen.

The Knicks are going to have to gut this team if the NBA wants Lebron in NY.I dont know if that's real or rumour. I 've heard this claim as well. The Cap space would have to be cleared the fuck out, cause LeBron is going to break the bank.

which is next to impossible. even if the knicks bought out the contracts they already have that money would still count against the cap. the only way to do it would be to trade the majority of their for players for expiring contracts, and that just isn't going to happen.

Exactly.
    Besides if the Knicks are playoff bound then shaping a real team around James in Cleveland would strengthen the East Coast.

The main point of my theory is that STERN WANTS IT. THE TV NETWORKS WANT IT. NIKE WANTS IT. Kobe coming to NY wasn't as important- he's already in a major market in LA. As far as the major powers in the NBA are concerned (and that includes Nike, please believe that), the league NEEDS Bron Bron in NY, and on a winning Knicks team. Don't believe that the neccessary moves can't be made to free up cap space to bring Lebron to NY. It's all about $$$ and the success of the league, mane. Strings will be pulled, pay offs will be made- it's gonna go down, just wait and see. And don't forget that it was Phill Most that told you it was gonna happen first.

Of course, I am a conspiracy theorist who believes that aliens from another planet are secretly running the American government, but don't let that stop you from believing my Lebron-to-the-Knicks theory!

I disagree...he will be part of the Brooklyn Nets when they come to fruitation and his contract is up in 2007.

Lebron's contract is up after this coming season, from what I understand. Aren't all rookie contracts a mandatory 3 years?

And Hov's got his eye on O.J. Mayo for real. That's all part of the master plan- Lebron in the Garden, O.J. in Brooklyn when he jumps from high school to the league. The fix is in, I'm tellin' you!
    Actually, the Nets already have a team that looks pretty damn potent on paper. Kidd, Carter, Jefferson and now Abdul Raheem? That should be a problem for the east this season- not saying that they'll win it, but that's definitely a problem.

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    TRANSACTIONS
    04/15/04: The Cavaliers exercised the team option on LeBron James' contract. He is now guaranteed through the 2006-07 season.

Hov and Lebron....believe dat.

TRANSACTIONS
    04/15/04: The Cavaliers exercised the team option on LeBron James' contract. He is now guaranteed through the 2006-07 season.

Hov and Lebron....believe dat.

• Lebron's contract is up after this coming season, from what I understand. Aren't all rookie contracts a mandatory 3 years?

And Hov's got his eye on O.J. Mayo for real. That's all part of the master plan- Lebron in the Garden, O.J. in Brooklyn when he jumps from high school to the league. The fix is in, I'm tellin' you!
    Actually, the Nets already have a team that looks pretty damn potent on paper. Kidd, Carter, Jefferson and now Abdul Raheem? That should be a problem for the east this season- not saying that they'll win it, but that's definitely a problem.

3 yrs with a 4th year team option for lebron. new CBA is 2 yrs with 2 yrs of team options.
    remember high school players can't jump straight to the NBA anymore. so OJ is going to be that much more high profile coming into the league because he'll have played a year in college, the NBDL, or europe and will probably already be a star player with endorsements. don't expect him to sneak his way on to a big market team like kobe did.

Why are the dudes looking all classy and sophisticated and Foxy is looking, as usual, so hoeful? Clean up yo' act, sista!