Are your PARENTS still ALIVE?

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
In addition to YoungEinstein's post "Are your parents still married".I know many people who's parents are either not together anymore or one of them has died. My mom died when I was 15.

Comments

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    My mom died when I was 18.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    My mom died when I was 28.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    No.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    My mom died when I was 19.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Don't know my dad, but my mom is alive and kicking and running a school district in Chicago.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Don't know my dad, but my mom is alive and kicking and running a school district in Chicago.

Plaese to forward my resume....... j/k

• minimini 879 Posts
    Dad = living dead.
    Mom = staying alive.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Grandmother (father): Still lively. She lives a rather conservative lifestyle with the exception of smoking
    Grandfather (father): Almost blind (a tragedy to a former hobbyist woodworker) and is dealing with double pneumonia. He's one of the realist, elder members of the family I have ever spoken to, even though he was adopted by my father. A good man. He claims that Jesus commanded him, in an epiphany moment on a lunch break from painting a house, to quit smoking. And he did without fail ever since.

Grandmother (mother): Lives with us. Is, according to doctors, perfectly healthy mentally and physically, but prefers to sit in front of the TV, sleep and let my mom serve her breakfast and so forth all day.

My grandfather on my mother's side died when I was an infant. He was a senior electrician who used to work on major projects such as at the Anheuser-Busch factory west of the 405, and therefore bring home cases upon cases of free beer, and those towers in the Van Nuys / North Hollywood area, if anyone is familiar with those.

Father: Still middle-aged and slightly socially awkward, but is near conquering diabetes after losing 50 some odd pounds and has kind of sort of quit smoking. He's the one who influenced me to collect records and get interested in movies from the past.

Mother: Aging with grace, very energetic and one of the most kindest people in the world. She is a vegetarian, because of preference, not ethical beliefs and has never did any type of illegal drug, ever.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    my partner has lost both of her parents, i think it's a odd situation for someone her age to be in. especially when we got to visit my parents but can't go visit hers.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    My dad died when I was 12, my mom still with us.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Both my folks are alive and I have a grandmother who's 96.

• yes they are and have been married 38 years.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    lost both my folks when I was 30, they were only 62 and 60.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    My Dad died a couple of months ago. Mom is still making moves, though.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Both my folks are alive and I have a grandmother who's 95 and another who is 80.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    soulstrut is done.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    hi guys. i sincerely apologize if i upset anyone with the parents married thread. that was truly not my intention and i realize now that it could be hurtful and bring up bad memories for some strutters.

peace, stein. . .