RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Hot or Not?

Comments

• Options
    He has a good punch.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    You're On Your Own Again

• I ride from the Walker Brothers on up through the early 70s stuff (especially Scott 1-4).

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    "The Plague" is one of the most devastating and epic pop songs of the 60s...hard as fugg. (45 b-side only, its on the box set however) worth seeking out, it kills.

• Very influential guy. Influenced U2(achtung baby era, Pulp, divine comedy,amongst others. Talented guy. Anyone see is bio pic released a while ago?

• this and Scott 1-4 are untouchable.

Tilt is like, errr... far out, made sense once with sleep deprivation.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

This is my fave Walker solo LP. I always find it to be underrated when compared to Scott 1-4.

The songs that comprise the first half of the album are conceptually linked.

• I didn't start checking for this guy untill about a year ago. I can only take the gutty loungy stuff for so song but the dood is a true talent.

• Im a big fan. "Time Operator" is simply heartbreaking. I was listening to Iggy Pop on Terry Gross "Fresh Air" Monday, and his new stuff sounds like he is mining Gainsbourg/Scott Walker territory. The Scott Walker documentary "3oth Century Man' gets released on DVD June 16th.