can you tie a TIE?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
youngEINSTEIN Said:yes.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Four-in-Hand tie - yes
    Windsor tie - yes
    Half-Windsor tie - yes
    Bowtie - no

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Four-in-Hand tie - yes
    Windsor tie - yes
    Half-Windsor tie - yes
    Bowtie - no

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Four-in-Hand tie - yes
    Windsor tie - yes
    Half-Windsor tie - yes
    Bowtie - no

Same here.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    My freshmen high school year I lived in Hong Kong and went to the only American school there, which had a uniform dress code. I had a friend tie my tie the first day and loosened it and retightend the whole rest of the year.

In other words, no.

What knot do you prefer? That is my question...

I started out a four-in-hand guy, then went full windsor, and am back to four-in-hand with top button loose. I find, in my world, it gives the right feel of "put together, yet rakish."

I did steal that strategy, by the way, from the Magnificent Bastard blog. Funny, well written men's fashion blog, and it refers to that look as the, "willfully disheveled," look.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    yes, i think i do half windsor? is that the one where you wrap the fat end around the thin end then bring it over the middle & down through the loop? fast & the only one i can be bothered mastering in a half asleep/late for work state.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    yes, i think i do half windsor? is that the one where you wrap the fat end around the thin end then bring it over the middle & down through the loop? fast & the only one i can be bothered mastering in a half asleep/late for work state.

yea thats how i roll too.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yes

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I did steal that strategy, by the way, from the Magnificent Bastard blog. Funny, well written men's fashion blog, and it refers to that look as the, "willfully disheveled," look.

I just checked out that blog based on your post. Though some of the entries are funny, I'm kinda interested to see how THEY dress. Based on their recommendations, I'm imagining they look kinda ghey in the yard. (European-lookin' sneakers?? Ugh.) They're clownin' "toolbags," but I bet they're pretty much the same thing on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I just checked out that blog based on your post. Though some of the entries are funny, I'm kinda interested to see how THEY dress. Based on their recommendations, I'm imagining they look kinda ghey in the yard. (European-lookin' sneakers?? Ugh.) They're clownin' "toolbags," but I bet they're pretty much the same thing on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Eh, there are things on there that I ignore... And, yes, the schtick gets old - on some shit about living on a dairy farm in Wisconsin, Hahahaha! Bloggers are SO funny. But, when he gets into some honest to god clothing advice, I find him a good read.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    just buy clip ons, no one looks at your f*cking tie unless it's really ugly...

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts

I started out a four-in-hand guy, then went full windsor, and am back to four-in-hand with top button loose. I find, in my world, it gives the right feel of "put together, yet rakish."

This is how I roll on the everyday. If I'm headed to something important then it is half or full windsor depending on the shirt.

• !
    My freshmen high school year I lived in Hong Kong and went to the only American school there, which had a uniform dress code. I had a friend tie my tie the first day and loosened it and retightend the whole rest of the year.

In other words, no.

I did the same thing. I hate those f*cking ties

• yes