~ official Soul Strut is back FINDS POST ~

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
From the past few weeks:Thanks to peechee for the Masters of Reality. She He thought it sucked (to my benefit) but I still say it's the best stoner rock LP of the 80's.The Chad Mitchell has a schmaltz pop cover of H.P. Lovecraft's "White Ship!"Peppermint Trolley was better than expected - in a league with (though not as good as) my beloved Left Banke.The Lee Dorsey, Hammond Smith and Fred Neil (and Gene Clark above) were all very cheap scores from one seller at the Holiday Inn record fair. First real "scores" at that fair in a while! I only wonder what I missed from him ... as I was going through his boxes 2 local shop owners were paying for huge piles of god only knows what.

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I found this picture of Gary.

Edit: And then I deleted it.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

what does that sound like? 700 dollars?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Thanks to peechee for the Masters of Reality. She thought it sucked (to my benefit) but I still say it's the best stoner rock LP of the 80's.

Same peechee from waxidermy? If so, he's a dude.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Mukti has some of the best piano playing on a Bollywood ost I've ever heard on that music track.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Thanks to peechee for the Masters of Reality. She thought it sucked (to my benefit) but I still say it's the best stoner rock LP of the 80's.

Same peechee from waxidermy? If so, he's a dude.

A dude named Kristen?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yes

oops.

Sorry, every Kristen I've ever known was female so I didn't even think twice.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Nice one, Rey.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Just posted this in that other finds post, but whatever lets play two.

African LP's NEVER turn up in Dallas so I drove to Lagos,Texas and I was pretty psyched to come across this stuff for $2 each at a junk shop...

Someone sell me that EMI Super Hits LP...record only is cool with me. That was such a let down to find the wrong record in there. Wrong record was pretty hot though.

Sleeveless records are:

Skylarks International Band
    Eastern Minstrals De prestige Entertainers
    and
    Semi-Colon and Afro-Euro Ajunkwa

And I let my man borrow my camera, and I got this left on there..

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    A+ use of MS Paint.

LOL Nate Mr. "no one will sell me teh raer". Nice purchase.

I had to stop buying records here because they're not gonna fit on the plane without me paying an arm and a leg for shipping. Which sucks because my spot just priced a grip of clean Elenco titles for about 15-20 bucks a pop.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Found this unusual Australian Christian folk-rock record with some funkiness and waxidermy moves. Check out my two favoutie cuts:

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

I scored that Vehicle LP a few years back. Its f*cking underated IMO. I was suprised... its got some solid moments. Whats their story anyone know? Got that Brian Auger vibe....

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Found this unusual Australian Christian folk-rock record with some funkiness and waxidermy moves. Check out my two favoutie cuts:

the must be doing covers of 'the sound of silence' cus I cant hear shit on either...

Ah well when i come over and show you what a REAL hot record is...you can play them for me... hehehehe
    Actually i picked up two solid xian funky LPs on the Light label at parramatta, one is all carmicheal tunes

Ill post picks on tuesday of all my parramatta record fair scores..... Im still corting thru all of them.

That "Heat" is the ONLY steel band record I check for ... been looking
    for a few years but it never turns up. There really is some "heat" on there,
    nice find.