New Lee Fields LP

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
on Truth & Soul.Very, very good...

Comments

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I'm gonna cop this, thanks for the heads up.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Will cop this as well. Good looks JP!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Click the banner and cop

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    If you need multiple ripoff versions of the Persuaders' "Love's Gonna Pack Up" then this record is for you.

Luckily I am one of those people. Excellent LP.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Copped.

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    Love it. Got my shipment today, and it had about 10 of the thin cardboard promos, I've been blessing friends with it as they come by. A really excellent piece of work all the way around from the arrangements to the sound to the packaging, etc.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah just got the LPs in the shop yesterday, played it bout fittyleven times already

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    i've been previewing the mp3s a lot lately, real nice
    JP, you want to slang one of the LPs here?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    I dig it. I am a Lee Fields fan till I die. In fact, I celebrate the entire Desco/Soulfire/Daptone/Truth&Soul/etc catalog.

HOWEVER, I was hoping for more new tracks. Most of the non-instrumental tracks have already been released for a while now. There are different mixes/takes, and they now have lyrics on 'Money I$ King'.

That said, if you aren't already familiar with tracks like "Love Comes and Goes", "Honey Dove" or "My World". Then this is GOLD.

The highlight for me is 'Ladies'. When Lee starts the rapid fire singing, playing off the band....reeeeeal nice.

-pj

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    i hear PJ - a lot of this was already on 7"s, but cottdamn this is a good record. rock solid from 1 to 11. and clearly better than 85% of the LPs that were/will be released in '09.

• Options
    I need this...will coppeth.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Just ordered this from their website purely on the strength vocal version of "Money I$ King",. It was cheaper to buy directly from them in the US rather than get it from a UK store, looks like stirling is climbing back up...

• i need that! waiting for this LP since maybe two years when it was announced first...

• jimmybeejimmybee 28 Posts
    good pics from the record release on friday...Lee KILLED it!

PICS

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Oh man. I am so heated I missed that show. FUSK!

This album really is incredible. May have to take a long overdue trip over to GRNY to encop that..