carpet VS wood floors

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
youngEINSTEIN Said:i think wood is a bit more classy.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• I wouldn't wipe my ass with carpet. And I wouldn't want it on my floors either.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Ceramic tile, ftw!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    gots to be wood. but throw some rugs on it.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Wood.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Nice hardwood floors with Oriental rugs ALL DAY.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Once, many years ago, a woman who was visiting my apartment for the first time observed that it was "too bad you couldn't get an apartment with carpet on the floors".

All I could think about after that was finding a way to get her to leave.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    PLAYA!

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Wood.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Once, many years ago, a woman who was visiting my apartment for the first time observed that it was "too bad you couldn't get an apartment with carpet on the floors".

LOL!!!!!

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    wood of course

• hardwood are where it's at

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    What kind of questions is this?

Everyone knows soulstrut loves hard wood....

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Vinyl.....

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Carpet and you gotta take your shoes off at the door. I can't stand having a wood floor, doesn't feel like home to me.

• youngEINSTEIN Said:

i think wood is a bit more classy.

peace, stein. . .
    I agree, but I think we need Reynaldo to weigh in here.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

... worst thing we ever could have done was getting the 2nd floor carpeted when we bought our house, i don't even know what we were thinking. we redid our kids' rooms last year and got that shit up, now we just have to get the rest of the crap out of our room and the hallway and the steps. it's just such a process getting the wood floors refinished... moving all the furniture, the dust and the smell. we're gonna probably have to live in a hotel for a few days once we go ahead and get that schitt done... it'll be worth it, though

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    i love wood (haha...ooooooof) but i also like lying/lounging on the floor so carpet has its place.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Only downfall with wood I think is in northern climes you have to contend with bare-feet-on-cold-wood syndrome.

My house is completely carpeted (except the finished attic, in which case it really SHOULD be carpeted - wood is beat to shit) and I'm curious as to what the floor looks like underneath. Neighbors recently stripped out their carpet and had all of their wood floors redone... I'm a little jealous.

I definitely think wood looks better overall.

And the logic of carpet is a little suspect if you think about it. Imagine having a blanket. You throw it on the floor and walk all over it and your dog pees on it, never washing it for 3-6-9-12-whatever months, yet you still roll around on it, walk barefoot on it, your kids lay on it and eat their cereal, whatever.

Does that make any sense?

What do you guys think about the new fitted veneer wood flooring? Looks like it would be nice but I gotta say it seems a little ... I dunno, impostor-ish.

• Options

I definitely think wood looks better overall.

And the logic of carpet is a little suspect if you think about it. Imagine having a blanket. You throw it on the floor and walk all over it and your dog pees on it, never washing it for 3-6-9-12-whatever months, yet you still roll around on it, walk barefoot on it, your kids lay on it and eat their cereal, whatever.

co-signage

vacuums + taking shoes off in the house

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

... worst thing we ever could have done was getting the 2nd floor carpeted when we bought our house, i don't even know what we were thinking. we redid our kids' rooms last year and got that shit up, now we just have to get the rest of the crap out of our room and the hallway and the steps. it's just such a process getting the wood floors refinished... moving all the furniture, the dust and the smell. we're gonna probably have to live in a hotel for a few days once we go ahead and get that schitt done... it'll be worth it, though

There's some quality water-based floor finishes now. They're expensive, but they work well and the toxicity level is a tiny fraction of the petroleum shit.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Sweaty feet? Dirty socks? for 6 or 12 months at a time?

Sweaty feet? Dirty socks? for 6 or 12 months at a time?

showers + washing machines