have you seen a DEAD PERSON in public?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
youngEINSTEIN Said:when i was about 12 or so we were skateboarding in the alley near my house and found a man in a car with a bullet hole in his head. we called cops and they brought body back and all that. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    pretty sure I saw one on the way to school today...everyone was hovering over the body and dude sure looked dead.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    on interstate 95 at about 4 AM in Connecticut a few years back we came across the scene of a very recent and brutal accident. an SUV had rear ended a big flatbed towtruck, and apparently then did a multiple flip roll. (the towtruck was just stopped with a bent up flatbed, i think that guy was fine). the Suv was on its side, crumpled, all windows shattered. stuff from inside the SUV was scattered all over the interstate, including who i presumed to be the driver. it was really nasty. arms spread out, facing up, stiff/motionless, eyes open, mouth open, blood everywhere. awful. people were already stopped and on their cell phones etc so we rolled thru (long line of backed up traffic), but had we been there 5 minutes sooner im sure we would have seen it happen and would have stopped ourselves to provide.. ??? (wasnt much that could be done but call an ambulance). about the worst thing ive personally ever seen. really sad.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I saw a bloke get stabbed to death in front of me by his wife, at a pub I managed. He wasnt dead at first....but by the time the ambos came he was a corpse.

RIP Peachy!

• Yes, Long story short. I work for a news station.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    We had a shooting right behind the auditorium at my high school freshman year.
    A friend of mine came inside and said a dude just got shot, but I didn't believe him
    (he'd be the guy who might cry wolf about something crazy like that)....
    So I went outside to see for myself, I always wished I hadn't.
    It amazed me how much blood humans have.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I was the first to arrive at the scene of an accident with two dead people and a bunch of wounded, it was two cars with 4 people in one of them and 2 or three in the other, the car holding 4 was a big and new Mercedes and they would have all survived had they worn seat belts. Front passengers neck was snapped while the driver was still inside the car, the other two passengers were wandering about in a haze, talking strange things. The other car looked much worse. Strangely, seing those two dead people had no impact at all on me but dealing with the wounded who were under shock and took a while to realize the situation and the death of their friends was what stuck with me for quite a while.

The other time was a prostitute being lynched (or at least beaten unconcious) for having stolen a cellphone. Happened right outside my hotel window. She was lying there, lifeless and surounded by strands of pulled out hair for more than half an hour. Once the mob had left, three of the remaining people stopped a cab which immediately tried to take off again after becoming aware of the situation. They hung onto the car and wouldn't let it leave, threw the lifeless body inside and took off. I always tried to tell me towards the hospital and not the lagoon...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Bit of a morbid one this time youngEINSTEIN?
    Being a commuter I've seen three people die of heart attacks during the rush, a guy get squashed by a car and someone go under the rails.

No murders though.

Oh yeah, forgot about when I was a teenager in Amsterdam saw an extremely stoned biker hurtle at full speed into the side of a tram. Looked pretty dead at the time (insides on outsides etc) but didn't hang around to find out.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Outside the entrance of a hotel I was staying at in London I saw the body of a man who had jumped head first from quite a few floors up. I had to walk around him to get inside and it was pretty disturbing.

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    A few weeks ago I was in a bar in Seattle and a guy jumped off the third story balcony and landed on the ground right near us. He wasn't dead, but by the time paramedics arrived it didn't look like he was doing to make it.

Really sad.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Oh yeah, forgot about when I was a teenager in Amsterdam saw an extremely stoned biker hurtle at full speed into the side of a tram. Looked pretty dead at the time (insides on outsides etc) but didn't hang around to find out.

I nearly did that. Stumbled out of a coffee shop then tried to navigate crossing the road. Whats up with the traffic in amsterdam it all goes in opposite directions? Its well mental.

Ive smelt a dead body...

Dude in my block of flats/apartments died near his air vent. I only found out a few weeks later that the funky smell had been him decomposing. Lovely.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    seen a few

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Seen a bloke die at the wheel and then crash. Whole dashboard covered in puke. We couldn't open the doors but he looked well dead already. Fire brigade cut him out eventually.

A friend of mine was first on the scene at a joyrider stack and said dudes head was squashed wide and flat like a bin-lid and it was still giving him nightmares years later.

BTW, would you take your kids to a funeral? I don't see what the big deal is. We don't do open-casket funeral-stylings here, so please, there is no trauma.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I've seen some off and on over the years, but it never turned into anything serious. The relationship always starts out fresh, but then decays and things start to fall apart. Eventually things turn rotten and you just try to bury the whole thing.

I guess its the same as any relationship.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I was a bike messenger in NYC for seven years and saw several people dead on the street, including a couple of fellow messengers...

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I saw a dead body AND I can relate it to music....

When I was in high school Nigel Olsson (Elton John's drummer) lived in my neighborhood (just north of Chastain Park in Atlanta). Olsson drove a very nice red Ferrari which I used to see around. My street (Jett Road) has a very long straightaway where you can easily get over 100 mph which I did several times (different story there).
    Anyway at the end of the straightaway there's a stop sign (Crest Valley Road) before the road continues up a hill. One day Olsson ran the stop sign at a high rate of speed and plowed into a guy driving a VW Rabbit. Olsson's Ferrrari hit the driver's side door of the Rabbit and ejected its driver out the passenger window and onto to the street. This all happened at like 4PM in the afternoon. I was the second or third person on the scene. Dead guy in the street and a pale Olsson smoking a cigarette waiting for the cops and ambulance/hearse to show up.
    Olsson claimed in court that the stop sign was obscured by some overgrown bushes (sort of true) and I think got a way lesser charge than vehicular manslaughter.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    yes.
    but I don't want to talk about it.

• A few years ago some friends and I were rafting in Rishikesh, India and everybody jumped overboard and floated at a calm part of the river. We ended up floating past a dead sadhu who was underwater over by the riverbank. One girl we were with seriously started to lose her mind and clamoured back onboard. Our guide tried to tell us not to be concerned as he was just resting. Fun times.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    yes, a fellow student hanging from a baseball backstop in about 20 yrs back, and a motorist decapitated in an accident in front of my apartment about 10 years back.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    too many. one that will never leave me. RIP mom

• minimini 879 Posts
    Once...

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    my dad and i used to time sermons at church with our stop watches. We would scour the city searching for a short mass to fill our weekly church quota. One particular priest at the regular family church was extremely long winded. Well the priest found out people were timing him one mass and began talking about it to the whole congregation. He was chuckling about it and then got real silent after a few minutes. Everyone sat there for a while and we thought he fell asleep. dude died and i've been a marked man ever since(hellbound related). i've always hoped that we weren't the only rapscallions timing that priest and i tell myself that i looked around that day and saw others involved ...................

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i saw a little old lady get run over by a car in a supermarket car park about 15 years ago. i still remember it so clearly. *shudder*