weekday finds

willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
from the past couple weeks, finally took some picturesa mix of goodwill, local stores, and the two brazilians from ebay, both $10

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

MLC sent the 45 w/ the new 12", said it was the "only time this has happened." Pretty cool!

I can't remember if I had posted these or not -- a mixture of mailbox, real world moves, from strutters.

• Strange how these seem to be the only record related threads left...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

(Monguito El Unico)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    el verdadero son is killer

• StringsStrings 82 Posts

MLC sent the 45 w/ the new 12", said it was the "only time this has happened." Pretty cool!

I got one as well. MLC is a really cool guy. Do you know how many copies he pressed of this 45? I promised to contact him when I got the record, so I can ask him tonight if you don't know.

I got one as well. MLC is a really cool guy. Do you know how many copies he pressed of this 45? I promised to contact him when I got the record, so I can ask him tonight if you don't know.

He said 300.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

He said 300.

This is the promo version of his 7, there are less than a 100 copies according to him. MLC is that dude. Sent me one too!

He said 300.

This is the promo version of his 7, there are less than a 100 copies according to him. MLC is that dude. Sent me one too!

Wow! Nice!

Really feeling the new 12"

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Wow! Nice!

Really feeling the new 12"
    *Edit: I dont know if it is a promo (given that it was private press anyway). But this version without the cover and all black labels is less than a 100 as he wrote me. And cosign on the new 12", grown and sexy material. Very nice.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Strange how these seem to be the only record related threads left...

Yeah... it's sad. It's just this one... and the four others in the top 10 threads on the page.

But, besides those four, this is the only one.

• StringsStrings 82 Posts

Yeah, he deserves all the support he can get. I hope the ST thing will do well.

• Nice finds y'all.

Willie Frugal -- what is that woman putting in Kurt Weill's pipe? I cheer for Ken Boothe & Shirley Scott. That disco soccer looks rough! Hap palmer shows up all the time around here -- but I think he was local and sprinkled his creations generously among local educators.

Gravelheadwrap -- nice to see all the flute. How is the Hermeto Paschoal? I hope you are kicking it somewhere enjoying some brazilian music on the hi-fi.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

He said 300.

so...i have a copy of that 45 with his baby picture sleeve and a blank white label. is that the commercial release of 300?

Nice finds y'all.

Willie Frugal -- what is that woman putting in Kurt Weill's pipe? I cheer for Ken Boothe & Shirley Scott. That disco soccer looks rough! Hap palmer shows up all the time around here -- but I think he was local and sprinkled his creations generously among local educators.

Gravelheadwrap -- nice to see all the flute. How is the Hermeto Paschoal? I hope you are kicking it somewhere enjoying some brazilian music on the hi-fi.

Been on a big flute kick. The Paschoal is dope, been looking for it forever now! Check it here.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    African LP's NEVER turn up in Dallas so I drove to Lagos,Texas and I was pretty psyched to come across this stuff for $2 each at a junk shop...

Someone sell me that EMI Super Hits LP...record only is cool with me. That was such a let down to find the wrong record in there. Wrong record was pretty hot though.

Sleeveless records are:

Skylarks International Band
    Eastern Minstrals De prestige Entertainers
    and
    Semi-Colon and Afro-Euro Ajunkwa

And I let my man borrow my camera, and I got this left on there..

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Nice finds y'all.

lol - the hand's actually behind the pipe, which is free from foreign objects. great box set though - 3 LPs and a big booklet

• quidtumquidtum 29 Posts
    My recent finds

From left to right:
    - Heather Parisi - "Disco bambina / Blackout" CGD 10200 (1979)
    - "Kid Loco v/s Godchild" Royal Belleville Music KLOLP 02 (2002) 2LP
    (a reissue of Pierric's original album released in 1975 on Les Tr??teaux International label with some remixes by Kid Loco)
    - Orchestra Pinto Varez - "Siesta" Vedette VPAS 868 (1969)
    - Ann Steel (R. Cacciapaglia) - "My time / Southafternoon" Durium DE 3064 (1979)
    - Al moog: L'ingegner Giovanni & Famiglia (aka Piero Umiliani) - "Telstar / Solaris" RCA IN 2316 (1973)
    - Peter Pietra (aka Piero Umiliani) and his orchestra - "Ritmi sud-americani" Embassy EP 102 (196x)
    - The five lords - "I cavalieri del cielo / Verde luna" Vedette VRN 34043 (197x)
    - Raffaella Carr?? - "Rumore / Mi vien da piangere" CGD 2730 (1974)
    - I micronauti - "Daitan III / Futuromania" Usignolo / Real music TRS 1005 (1979)

From top to bottom and from left to right of the pic:
    - The Samurai - "Fresh hot breeze of summer/Shu-shu" United artists label UA 3136 (196x)
    Obscure Japanese combo toured Italy in the late '60s and cut this Italian-only single. FRESH HOT BREEZE OF SUMMER is brilliant garage cum psychedelic beat with soul and funky koto breakdowns! Lots of Kung Fu movie style instrumentation with clanging gongs / hypnotic wood blocks / oriental percussion / bamboo flute / horns / really spanky break-beats from a funky drummer and groovy / sun-kissed vocal delivery from the rest of these crazy looking troubadours! We love this and the groove just gets better and better as the track progresses. Great for DJs. Rare 45!!!
    - Gianni Ferrio -"El varon rebuscante" OST Cinevox DLP 1043 (1973)
    pretty weak score but I got it for cheap
    - VVAA - "Moog moog moog" Variety REL-ST 19126 (1973)
    nice! featuring Giorgio Moroder's "Son of my father/what's your name" and other classics of 70s in moog version
    - Alberto Baldan Bembo - "Io e mara" OST Easy Tempo ET 910 LP (1998)
    great soundtrack with a cool artwork by Guido Crepax
    - Joel Vandroogenbroeck - "Contemporany pastoral and ethnic sounds" Coloursound CS 2 (197x), the vinyl is in immaculately mint condition
    - "Mina alla bussola dal vivo" PUD PLD A 5002 (1968) orchestra by Augusto Martelli, vinyl and artwork in amazing condition