Who here still record music to cassette tape?

Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
I haven't used my cassette deck in about 8 years.

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts

Well..for a buddy that does not have a cd player.Older cat

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN Said:

yeah. i'm not even sure if mine still works or not.

peace, stein. . .

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    running drums through it and then bury the tapes in the windowsill herb goarden, of course.

my girlfriend had never heard the Misfits, so I rounded up a cassette a couple weeks ago. Sounds like shit, even for the Misfits.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    I do it on the regular. Still have a Cassette-Walkman and a Boombox for outdoor listening. I also like the pressure you have when recording a mix on tape. No errors allowed or you have to start the whole side from scratch. Once in a while I feel like making a spontaneous mix without preselection on tape and mostly these mixes result better then those on disk.

• i recently tried to record a mix onto tape, only to find my recorder chewing the tape up when i finished recording, luckily i recorded it on my PC too.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Did you mean:

Who here still record music to CASSETTE TAPE?

I couldn't tell.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I used to use a cassette 4 track for guitar ideas all the time. Mine broke. Now that my Digital setup is down. I've been trolling Craigslist and the pawn shops for a new one. I love recording to casette tape.

- spidey

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I havent done so since the 90's when the HMV on 86th used to stock blank cassettes.

But I keep my player in very good condition.

If i did still make tapes it would be strictly Slow Jams.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Once I changed the cassette player in my car for a CD player witha n MP3 input, it was all over for cassettes at my place.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I still have a good handful of Old School Hip Hop on tape.

I aint never givin them thangs up.

Fusk convertin'.

• I meant just in general. Either if you mix down a track to cassette or you record your favorite songs to cassette. A friend of mine actually puts songs on cassette just so he can sell the vinyl to get money.

• TahneeTahnee 46 Posts
    i do. i just made a mix on sunday. my neighbor came over and said i was probably the only person in n. america making a mixtape that day.

i laughed but considered it a possibility.

my cd player got stolen twice so i said F*ck it and put the factory tape player back in. i highly doubt that is going to get stolen. so i make tape mixes for my car and bathroom stereo. can't take a shower without musica.

sidenote: i have a cd burner so i can make cd mixes too.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    hi.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I record music onto cassette tape almost every day. I use tapes as demo "scratch pads" for beats I'm working on. I have Pro-Tools and all, but I prefer the simplicity of just pressing record without loading the software up and synching a bunch of midi.

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    yeah! when i bought a car in November with a cassette deck only, i said the hell with paying for another CD player. Everyone i've had seemed to mess up my CDs anyway. I made several mix tapes after years of retirement and it was a lot of fun. Stirred up some old memories...............then my sister bought me an ipod and tape deck converter.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    I record my band's stuff to cassette tape when we're writing songs; sounds better than the "studio" recordings half the time.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Anybody record and edit their music on computer, record it to cassette, then record it back into the computer for some good ol' tape saturation?

?

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    I just digitized a 60 min. tape I recorded some time ago. Some Golden Age and some around 2000 rap.

Still like to listen to tapes in the kitchen or cassette walkman. I think I will start digitizing all my old tapes. Especially those from the early nineties. Listening to them is like opening a time capsule.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    My girlfriend has a tape player in the car so I use them on the regular.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I do.

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    My vehicle has a tape player, so I always bump them while driving.