google still making me laugh....

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Type "why are" in google and you get this:(in case you were wondering (you probably weren't (but just in case you were))I was about to look up "why are samoans so big" (because I would think evolutionarily speaking (or whatever) that they would be smaller because they are just on a little island (not much room to grow))).

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I believe Google is regional now, meaning you get different results depending where you are.

I'm on Cape Cod and that doesn't come up.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    (in case you were wondering (you probably weren't (but just in case you were))I was about to look up "why are samoans so big" (because I would think evolutionarily speaking (or whatever) that they would be smaller because they are just on a little island (not much room to grow))).

Samoans are big for 2 reasons:
    1) Samoans and many other Polynesian islands valued the "Big Man" as chief in their histories. Chief gets the most ass, spreads his genes around.
    2) Since the introduction of a Westernized diet (refined sugar, heavy grains, etc), Polynesian people have increased immensely in size, Samoans included. This includes being "big," being tall, and diabetes.

PS The thing you noted is the title of a book. I knew it sounded familiar for some reason.
    Peace
    TN

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I didn't realize it was a book. Seems like the answer is pretty simple though... people like to hang out with other people that they have something in common with, right?

Its why I'm always alone at lunch *sniff*

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Why do house painters wear white clothes. Shit makes no sense. Are they some cult or something?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    After looking it up, apparently houses and outdoor items needing paint in old timey times were painted white because it was the cheapest paint and white clothing would show white paint much less.It's a "tradition" that house painters unwittingly carry on.