do you like your BOSS?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
self employed so yes.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Yes.

• I work for some really great people. One of my bosses gave me a Farfisa organ, and a Space Echo for free the other day.
    I can't complain

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I have a variety of bosses, basically all the partners in my practice group at the firm. One of those partners restores old rhodes, has an ecyclopedic knowledge of music, and invites me into his office to sit around and listen to records. This I like.

The other partners who work 15 hour days and lack any sense of joy, I like them less.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    my boss is a great musician and friend

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I work for some really great people. One of my bosses gave me a Farfisa organ, and a Space Echo for free the other day.
    I can't complain

well, ok my boss isn't that cool by any stretch of the imagination.

• minimini 879 Posts
    Yes I do (thank you for asking)

• Yes

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Yes I do (thank you for asking)

Same here. My boss is the best.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I wouldn't be working here if it wasn't for my boss.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    how so many people got good bosses round here? if i could get away with it my boss would get blunt traumaed the f**k up... that's my word

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    My boss is my drinking buddy.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    One of my bosses used to direct horror films. The other used to be in a boyband. The other used to go to tons of Mark Farina parties in Houstin in the early 90s where they cut the locks off warehouses and brought the generators in.

All in all they are pretty cool.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    No joke:

My boss paged me into his office today and asked if I could help him bring in something from his car outside. Turned out to be a leftover keg full of Spaten that was barely touched at his party over the weekend.

After everyone got over the paranoia that he was doing this as a test to see who would drink and who wouldn't, about 8 out of 10 of my coworkers eventually filled they cups up.

Great fusking start to the week!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    In August '04 my house burned down at midnight on a Wednesday.

At 8:00 Thursday morning the owner of the company I work for was at my house and handed me a blank check.

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    I do not. My boss is the only person I've ever met who is mentally incapable of multi-tasking. She literally must only do one thing at a time. The fact that she is my superior is often infuriating.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Hate yo boss like a bawse

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    In August '04 my house burned down at midnight on a Wednesday.

At 8:00 Thursday morning the owner of the company I work for was at my house and handed me a blank check.

That's amazing.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Actually, I like the dean of my (professional) school a lot. He's really an effable, hard-working, and highly accomplished guy. Hell, he's a down-to-earth Rhodes scholar!!! Plus, he's highly supportive of me 'cause I publish my ass off, and he knows what time it is. He's gotta keep my papes straight to keep those rival universities (e.g., Texas A&M, U. of Arizona, Tulane, Michigan State, Cornell) up off 'the kid.'

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    how so many people got good bosses round here? if i could get away with it my boss would get blunt traumaed the f**k up... that's my word

I'm curious to see what fields or types of businesses these bosses are from. From experience in the corporate environment there are "good" bosses (competent, personable, reasonable, sympathetic) but I still think most would toss you in front of a train if it came down to it.

• He's really an effable guy.

• young cream

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    He's really an effable guy.

"effable" = new euphemism.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    He's really an effable guy.

Hey,

Y'all some nasty homo-erotica fetishists!!! I wonder sometimes if some of you guys are 'trapped in the closet' with Kells. You know the saying, it takes one to know one .

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Options
    how so many people got good bosses round here? if i could get away with it my former boss[/b] would get blunt traumaed the f**k up... that's my word

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

and i'm sure some of the people i supervise would probably like to blunt trauma my azz up too (they know better than that though), and i'd like to think i'm a pretty cool dude to work for... i just thought that disliking the boss on some level kinda came with the territory. good to see so many people here have such love for their bosses, they sound like they're good people. i would MARRY rockadel's boss.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    He's alright: used to be way into Black Flag and Devo as a longhair before he donned the "electric razor at 'two' with gel" looks. I work my ass off at my job (a young guy paying dues and my own way through college), but he always has to make smarmy-ass comments about how I clean keep the warehouse and how our inventory is slightly off sometimes, due to circumstances beyond my knowledge. Deep down, I think he respects my hustle, but likes to put on that dick attitude, regardless that I am soaked in sweat by 9 in the morning from the sunrise rush.

• young cream