your first CAR

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
1979 monte carlo and dammit if i didn't get pulled over every day in that thing!peace, stein. . .

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    '77 Buick Regal.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    bitchin' 1978 Camaro

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    My dad gave me his IROC Z28 that I had for a whole 3 months before I sold it. that was a pretty fun summer tho.

• 84 subaru gl10 it had a digital speedometer. I've never even been able to find a pic online.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    '77 Impala...dark green

• 1972 Plymouth Satellite Staion Wagon

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    '84 Volkswagen Diesel Rabbit

Threw the timing belt in 1988, that was the end of that story.

Why did I have a diesel in Minnesota?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    NEVER OWNED A CAR THREAD

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    karmann ghia (sp?), but I don't remember what year.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

It was green.

• in 1991 i got my moms old 83 toyota corolla station wagon, had 4 200 watt 6x9s in the back

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    '93 Honda Civic Dx...

Sold it to some kid for twice what I paid... he was going to drop a nitrous oxide kit into the poor thing.

• A yuppy ass Jetta that only lasted 6 years and was expensive to fix.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    65 mustang, green with original pony interior....

• '83 Powder Blue Oldsmobile Cutlass (in 1997).

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    1980 datsun 510 4 door hatchback. aka: ugliest thing on four wheels, ever.
    I blew the head gasket about a month after I bought it. Unfortunately, that meant that I had to drive around with the heater on to help the engine cool all summer (it was HOT) while i saved up the money to buy the parts and pay for the machine shop work to fix it. It would be 95+ degrees and I'd be driving around with all four windows rolled down and the heater on full blast, blowin steam out of the radiator overfill tube. good times.
    about 3 weeks after I finally fixed it, some old bat fell asleep behind the wheel and hit me head on, destroying my car. I got $900 from the insurance company for it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I need some clarification. Does this mean a car you paid for, were given or what you had when you first started driving?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    88 Dodge Caravan. I lifted the carpet under the accelerator to give it more travel. Don't think it worked

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    1987 grand am had over 190,000 miles on it then it completely died on me!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

My first car was this little, exploding eyesore (the 1979 Pinto), except mine was plain and had metallic-blue paint):

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Options
    '91 Infiniti G20. The poor man's BMW. I drive a much more humble Toyota Matrix these days and love it.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

classsique car! have always wanted one

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    1986 Volvo 240 DL

• Options

classsique car! have always wanted one

Some might say that they're feminine, but I think they're cool as F*ck.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    1986 Chevy S-10 Blazer with a loud system. A Blazer was the schitt back in the 80s! LOL

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

You White dudes were whippin'. It's interesting to hear of the relatively nice 'first rides' you cats were pushin' compared to the brotha (as Census data would corroborate in terms of racial-ethnic income disparities). I had to wait for my come-uppance.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    A '72 Mustang Fastback which I bought for $700. The gas gauge didn't work so about a week after buying it I ran out of gas on the way from work on a very busy street and caused a 5 car accident. Miraculously I came out of the ensuing carnage without so much a scratch. After about 3 years of other similar events I was convinced the car was haunted and sold it to a German man with limited English for $400.

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    NEVER OWNED A CAR

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    NEVER OWNED A CAR AND HOPE I'LL NEVER HAVE TO