new SOULMAN - THE TRUTH IS FOREVER

2»

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    killin it with the majik ship

Anyone with a rip of their record or know where I can get one?
    http://sharebee.com/a47b11e6

• StringsStrings 82 Posts
    Thanks Reynaldo!

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Sweeeeet mix .... I'ma gonna give this a good listen after work.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Just poasted this on the blog. All I can say is

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Awesome.

*yoink*

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Great mix, listening now. The Pookah joints are the only ones that have sounded familiar to my ears so far. This will be in heavy summertime rotation at my house...

Hey Mjukis- where does the Pookah come in on the mix? I know, it's a damn shame i'm asking for a tracklisting for my own schitt LOLOL! That's one of the ones I would never remember... Pookah, Gasmask, Caboose... I can't tell who's who with groups like that

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Hey,

Great mix, Phill (as always!!!). I'm really diggin' the song at 31:00 (with the 'doos'). That bassline, guitars, and singing in complement are infectious. Phill, might you bless us with a tracklisting (or is that snitchin')? The song at 32:45 is especially dope (sorry Batmon) too!!! Oops, I gotta add on the track at 35:25 as another incredible standout, so smooth and ethereal.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Okay, here you go, Bro Stacks- the one at 31:00 is from the Jeff Moore lp and the one at 32:45 is Hendrickson Road House, both are stoopid rare holy grail psych jawns. I liked the Hendrickson Road House album so much that I actually tried to contact Sue Eakin, who basically wrote and sang the whole lp. Not to try to get copies of the album or anything sheisty but just to tell her how much I liked the music she made almost 40 years ago. I think I actually did send an e-mail to the woman who sang on the "Flying So High" song on the Jeff Moore album... I think the song was a school project she did or something, i forget the details. I love stuff like those two songs... certain joints by Linda Perhacs, Vashti Bunyan, all that kinda schitt

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Gasmask is one of the first songs you let play all the way through in the beginning:

(why you puttin me on blast Ph**?

• thank you!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I just found my "From The Rock Section" part 1 like two days ago...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm afraid to DL this. Like, I don't feel like I can handle all the "OH SHIT" moments.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I'm afraid to DL this. Like, I don't feel like I can handle all the "OH SHIT" moments.

So far I've loaded this onto my laptop at home, and just skimmed through it real quick - I'd rather take the time to injest this properly with the neccesary accoutrements

Should be good - props to Digger Phelps.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts

please do share. i need the precursor to this mix.

• scribescribe 16 Posts
    Really diggin the song 12:35. It reminds me of Wee but I'm doubting it is.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Great mix, listening now. The Pookah joints are the only ones that have sounded familiar to my ears so far. This will be in heavy summertime rotation at my house...

Hey Mjukis- where does the Pookah come in on the mix? I know, it's a damn shame i'm asking for a tracklisting for my own schitt LOLOL! That's one of the ones I would never remember... Pookah, Gasmask, Caboose... I can't tell who's who with groups like that

There's two Pookah snippets on it right after each other - first the instrumental intro to "Lady Ostrich" (that has that nee-nee-nee organ/synth sound that was sampled on some Jay Dee/Madlib track I think) and after that "Tomorrow's the day" with piano and singing.
    After listening to the mix a few times, I'm even more blown away. Great work!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

please do share. i need the precursor to this mix.

Its more of a comp than a mix... its on a cdr that probably can no longer play... I will try though.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• sorginisorgini 46 Posts
    what is the track at 10:30 , with the voice like ozzy? it??s great!
    also the track at 16:15 and the track at 17:45, who??s the artist and what??s the lp?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Bumped in the spirit of the back-to-the-old-school "let's talk about records" SS of now and the future.

This mix was in heavy rotation during the summer that Phill (who, incidentally, is featured on the new DJ Format album) first dropped it, and I wanted to ask back then about the amazing tune that closes it out. Since Phill seemed to be struggling to remember what records he actually used, I didn't bother, figuring that some enterprising soul would attempt a tracklist at some point. So anyway, it came up on the iPod the other day, and damn if that last track doesn't hit harder now than it did back when I first heard it. It's a funky-folky-psych jam with a male/female harmony vocal, but it isn't sweet or fluffy. It's kind of dark and portentous with a defiant, even angry lyric, and Phill just lets it ride out for maximum facemelt. Wish I could quote a line or two, but the iPod's at home, so...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    someone please re up this batch

• kala said:
    someone please re up this batch

Still available here on SS: http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/mixes/indepth/the_truth_is_forever/

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ^
    thanks

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Bumped in the spirit of the back-to-the-old-school "let's talk about records" SS of now and the future.

This mix was in heavy rotation during the summer that Phill (who, incidentally, is featured on the new DJ Format album) first dropped it, and I wanted to ask back then about the amazing tune that closes it out. Since Phill seemed to be struggling to remember what records he actually used, I didn't bother, figuring that some enterprising soul would attempt a tracklist at some point. So anyway, it came up on the iPod the other day, and damn if that last track doesn't hit harder now than it did back when I first heard it. It's a funky-folky-psych jam with a male/female harmony vocal, but it isn't sweet or fluffy. It's kind of dark and portentous with a defiant, even angry lyric, and Phill just lets it ride out for maximum facemelt. Wish I could quote a line or two, but the iPod's at home, so...

The man himself came through.

Amazing piece of music.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    DocMcCoy said:

The man himself came through.

Amazing piece of music.

Word, the song also closes out the original album.