Rock Steady (Krivit Re-Edit)

bottomfeederbottomfeeder 116 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I heard this a while back and have to say i'm really not feeling it - and I usually just buy Krivit edits because they are always awesome. It doesn't really keep the funk of the original for me.

• Hmm. All good.

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    I have the 12.. not a huge fan. Would sell it but I like the edit of Titanic's "Sultana" on the flip.. the Titanic version always seemed too short.

My favourite version of Rocksteady for djing purposes is the Johhny Hammond version.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Hmm... I'm gonna have to check out that version again.

While on the subject of other versions, I have a kick ass one on the Enterprise label by a guy whose name escapes me, and another good one by a group called Sunday's Children that's awesome.

• casbahcasbah 57 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I RIDE!

Been rotating it in and out of my box for longer than I care to remember, great version for switching styles, getting things going, Krivit always brings the goods. Must go check Johnny Hammond's now.

• I knew i wasn't alone on this. Of course the original is Classic. And there are so many other great versions, but this really gets a party started. My personal favorite version is the reggae version. Don't know the name of the artist but every time i hear it gets me dancin.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i have been a fan for a while now, but seldom play it out

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    My personal favorite version is the reggae version.

The Marvels one?

My personal fav is the Jackson Sisters one with Aretha's a close second.

Other versions I can think of off the top of my head is the Charles Kynard one and also Juilus Brockington. I remember a house version by Dalis also.