i got out while i could

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
well not reallyas some of you know i was laid off from the Sony Copyright dept in Feb. was re-hired and then laid off again (yea i know)i am now driving a truck for my friends uncle and while it isnt a career move i love being outside and it makes me feel more accomplished taking a shower at days end. plus the days fly by...so i get a call from one of my old co-workers. they had a dept wide meeting on TuesdaySony just outsourced their whole Copyright dept to a Jersey based company. they are in the process of reviewing employees roles and in July will determine who stays (doing what i dont know), who goes to Jersey to the outsource (if they cant commute to Jersey then they obviously dont go) and who gets laid off. its a whacked out situation. all these people are forced to sit around to see if they have a job. its like hamsters being tested.so what i been hearing is that this company in Jersey is working for all the major labels. so i am assuming all these Copyright depts at the other labels will be ripping apart their depts as well...sucky times

Comments

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    Same here.... well kinda.

Just help launch a new Mobile network here in NZ - MASSIVE technology switch from company - in fact it went live today, celebrations all around... except for a few of us whose roles are no longer required as, well, we were in the 'launch team' not the 'production team'.

I get to hang out with my son as full time Daddy Daycare for a while though and as my lady has just been made editor at a national weekly mag it's not all bad.

And I'm betting they'll be looking to rehire next year too after the management consultants have left.

Back to music industry - I've been negotiating with all of the Majors for various music products over the past few years... do any of them have ac lue what they're trying to do right now? They seem to be in a total tail spin

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    What would you say you do here?

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    'launch team' not the 'production team'

I'm in the same boat, although I've been on 'holiday' for 7 weeks now as the renewal for my work visa keeps getting delayed. I'm half expecting to get the call that says, 'hey, you've been delayed so long, don't worry about coming back.'

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    I got out of the music industry and went into high end restaurant management. Wine Bitches. I figure it will be a few year before they get a tounge pad which mimics flavor. In a high enough sample rate of course.