Mac book PAL DVD help

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited March 4 in Strut Central

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Tho, I'm not sure if ur having a PAL/NTSC issue or a Region code issue.

In which case, if it doesn't play. Rip the DVD to your hard drive using MacTheRipper and make it a Region 0 DVD and either burn it to a DVD or just watch it off your hard drive with vlc.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    You can only switch region codes 5 times I think on the drive firmware before it gets locked in. So.....

DOR's suggestion of ripping/burning is the best.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    You can only switch region codes 5 times I think on the drive firmware before it gets locked in.

I think region codes is only an issue if you're using Apple DVD Player.
    Never had any probs with VLC (which I also recommend).

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    I encountered the region issue the other day, is there any way to flash the firmware or something to make the drive region free?

• I havent had any problems with VLC either.

Peace,

Dress

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    I encountered the region issue the other day, is there any way to flash the firmware or something to make the drive region free?

Usually, no. Most of the regionless players are hardware hacks or built that way out of the box. Apple is a huge content provider so they are not going to make it easy for you to slip past region codes.

I have used http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/ to make fair use backups of my DVDs before.

Good luck.