Damn, Mike Tyson's daughter just died.

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Tragic schitt. But what was a 4-year old girl doing on the treadmill unsupervised.

Comments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    If you've never had a kid, you just can't appreciate how hard it is to keep an eye on them 24 hours a day. This is a tragic situation...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    damn, that's fucked. RIP.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Ah, man. Awful news.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    If you've never had a kid, you just can't appreciate how hard it is to keep an eye on them 24 hours a day. This is a tragic situation...

you're right, I should retract that statement of the child being unsupervised and I dont mean to sound insensitive. RIP.

(CNN) -- The 4-year-old daughter of boxing legend Mike Tyson died Tuesday, a day after she was injured in a treadmill accident at her home, police in Phoenix, Arizona, said.

Former world boxing champion Mike Tyson traveled from Las Vegas to Phoenix to be at his daughter's bedside.

Exodus Tyson was prounounced dead at 11:45 a.m. local time Tuesday, said Sgt. Andy Hill, a Phoenix police spokesman. He gave no other details.

The girl was found by her 7-year-old brother on a treadmill in the Phoenix home Monday "with her neck on ... a cable" attached to the machine, police said in an earlier statement.

The mother "took her daughter off the cable" and called authorities, and Exodus was taken to a hospital, according to police.

Former world heavyweight champion Tyson traveled from Las Vegas, Nevada, to Phoenix where his daughter was on life support in critical condition on Monday, police said. Neighbors react to news ??

The 42-year-old Brooklyn-born Tyson became the youngest world heavyweight champion in history when he lifted the World Boxing Council title aged 20.

Tyson also won the WBA and IBF versions of the crown during a career that was littered with controversy including disqualification for biting Evander Holyfield's ear during a 1997 title rematch.

He retired from the sport in 2005, but was back in the news this month with the U.S. release of the film "Tyson," a documentary that premiered at the Cannes Film Festival last year.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Damn.

I especially feel for him after watching that new doc on his life, dude has been through hell and back, you can kind of understand why he is the way he is. This is really sad.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Word.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Damn.

I especially feel for him after watching that new doc on his life, dude has been through hell and back, you can kind of understand why he is the way he is. This is really sad.

Hell yeah.

Obviously you always sympathize with everyone involved in a situation like this, but before watching that flick I wouldn't have necessarily imagined I would feel this bad for dude.

RIP

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Damn.

Hell yeah.

Obviously you always sympathize with everyone involved in a situation like this, but before watching that flick I wouldn't have necessarily imagined I would feel this bad for dude.

RIP

I seem to remember some clips of him playing with his daughter in that doc too, he seemed to be a loving father. Tragic.

• Options
    I really feel for him. What a crazy life.

• If you've never had a kid, you just can't appreciate how hard it is to keep an eye on them 24 hours a day. This is a tragic situation...

you're right, I should retract that statement of the child being unsupervised and I dont mean to sound insensitive. RIP.
    You didn't sound insensitive to me just realistic. Taking care of kids is really hard sometimes.

I think parents should never survive their children...

Besides this I am a little bit against putting under the spotlight all this famous folks tragedies. A kid dying is a tragedy everytime it happens who cares if it's tyson's or whoever's child...

If I were tyson this would be one of those moments where I'd want to be left alone with my family. Reporters often bother when is not necessary...