Pitbull knock out! The following is not a test!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Wow!

Comments

• Haha, must of been a rough day.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Whoa, he handled that.

Was dude really stepping to him though?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I saw a longer clip where dude was throwing money towards Pitbull, which is the reason why he was pulled dude on stage in the first place.

But regardless, when he got onstage he STILL threw money in Pitbull's face. Pit just gave him back his change! Ha ha!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Talk about kicking some CULO!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Dude didn't even miss a beat. Clocked that fool and kept rapping, and kicked him off the stage after he dropped him. Florida, we go hard.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Why does throwing cash make dudes so mad?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    my guess is because it was in his face?

it's part of qawwali shows as a sign of respect, but people throw it at the performers' feet....or they should be (or donating it to the poor depending on who you ask)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I think 'cause it's disrespectful--something normally done to strippers and the like.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    I think 'cause it's disrespectful--something normally done to strippers and the like.

i love that scene in godfather II, when one of the rissotto brothers gives frank pentangelene the "lucky" c-note before they make their big deal.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

it's part of qawwali shows as a sign of respect, but people throw it at the performers' feet....or they should be (or donating it to the poor depending on who you ask)

indeed
    ususally you get on stage slip dude some money and get your picture taken
    the knocked out dude looks of african descent so this may have been a misunderstamding

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    questlove would approve of this concert

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

indeed
    the knocked out dude looks of african descent so this may have been a misunderstamding
    he looked clearly belligerent to me.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

Throwing money at somebody means (in many circles) that you think they are a sell-out or are for sale, with undertones of "you only care about $$$".

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    honestly if someone flung money in my face like that I'd hit them too. but why did dude throw the cash then put his hands in the air like he was ready for it?

raises interesting - well, to me - point about the meaning of money in different cultures.

not sure what pcmr was getting at with the african descent/misunderstanding point, but showing/offering money in some african cultures is showing admiration/respect.

I guess it's not as dirty if you rewind a couple hundred years and use the currency of gold coins and jewels? - but considerably more painful!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

indeed

Do people really pay rappers to pose for pics?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What about the Charles Hamilton knockout, though?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    What about the Charles Hamilton knockout, though?

Man, I can't tell if the years of "f*ck you and your money" Hip Hop attitude I was raised on has seriously altered my usual positive outlook on life or if Bassie is just disconnected.

If someone threw money in my face like that my first instinct would be to sock that fool up.

Of course, I'd STILL take the money too. I'm not needy but I'm not stupid either.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    If someone threw ANYTHING[/b] in my face like that my first instinct would be to sock that fool up.

Man, I can't tell if the years of "f*ck you and your money" Hip Hop attitude I was raised on has seriously altered my usual positive outlook on life or if Bassie is just disconnected.

If someone threw money in my face like that my first instinct would be to sock that fool up.

????
    I said

Oops, sorry! I mixed up your "sign of respect" comment with DigDug's "why does throwing cash make people mad?" post.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    in a live performance of african artists on the continent
    its tradition to throw money to a performer
    if you are more prestigious you get up on stage (or get pulled up)
    give money to the performer and he thanks you by allowing you to dance on stage for a second and get your picture taken with him

i just thought this might have been a crunk kenyan trying to encourage pitbull
    or some obnoxious dude
    who knows

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    My guess is the guy wanted Pitbull to knock him out on stage and Pit was like "sure man, but it'll cost ya" so the guy was like here's 20, 40, 60 and Pit says "Yeah you're good, hop up here my man" but then Pit, realizing he has the guy on stage was like "you gotta pay me more" so the guy paid Pit what he had left and then the transaction was completed. Both parties left content.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    in a live performance of african artists on the continent
    its tradition to throw money to a performer
    if you are more prestigious you get up on stage (or get pulled up)
    give money to the performer and he thanks you by allowing you to dance on stage for a second and get your picture taken with him

i just thought this might have been a crunk kenyan trying to encourage pitbull
    or some obnoxious dude
    who knows

Unless there's a big African contingent in Aspen, Colorado, I'd say some douchebag tried to front and got what was coming to him

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I prefer throwing coins at performers I dont like. Levaes much more of a mark.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    thats so awesome that he kept going....

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    My guess is the guy wanted Pitbull to knock him out on stage and Pit was like "sure man, but it'll cost ya" so the guy was like here's 20, 40, 60 and Pit says "Yeah you're good, hop up here my man" but then Pit, realizing he has the guy on stage was like "you gotta pay me more" so the guy paid Pit what he had left and then the transaction was completed. Both parties left content.